1/28/19

slimcake

7-8 here. Fluffy stuff and ya lots of blowing. Thinking about letting my guys stay home Wednesday. Brrrrr....

sjb

About 8" on the east side of Winnebago, and still snowing a bit. However, there is no moisture in this snow. I can take a full tractor bucket full and compress it down to 3-4". Light and fluffy - I don't think it will do much to really help the local trails. But it is better than nothing. I am expecting a lot of drifting with the winds picking up.

MKW

I measured 4" this morning here in Eau Claire... but hard to tell with it blowing around. Local weather man says 7". He must have used the tape measure he only lets his wife see!! Just fluff is all...but we'll take er. Better than nothing..Not much help as far as trails as its bare ground in one spot and 8" in another..winds supposed to pick up today so that's gonna get worse..at least its white now!

G

G

7 inches here. Foercast for Tuesday night is for 39 below. Windchill of minus 58. Good night to go test out my heated seat.

MKW

mspease....are the trails open/rideable up there? We have a place on Deer Lake and plan on coming up for the day fishing Sat. Don't know if it pays to bring sleds, we would probly ride the Casey Loop maybe over to McKenzie.....

misty_pines

mspease....are the trails open/rideable up there? We have a place on Deer Lake and plan on coming up for the day fishing Sat. Don't know if it pays to bring sleds, we would probly ride the Casey Loop maybe over to McKenzie.....

Here is some decent information for all of the counties in WI. Click on your area and check out the trail reports. Looks like the trails in the areas you mentioned are open and rideable and in fair to poor condition.
https://www.travelwisconsin.com/snowreport/snowmobile

Also, about 5" in the Western suburbs of Minneapolis.

D

Deleted member 10829

They are rideable but we sure could have used at least 2" more. Very few sleds out at all. I'd bring them up, but if it gets too warm, it won't take long to do damage. Casey Loop should be decent.

sMgE46M

we got 13? in Ozaukee county.

Took my long track yesterday to run some gas through it. Not sure if I will make a trip this year.

I think we have about 18" total on the ground from Wednesdays dropping...