10 weeks in da yoop!!!

POLARISDAN

finally leaving tom..man what a nitemare over here..but snowed in and blizzarded out..who would live here

sledhead..would that 3rd week jan work for u?

1fujifilm

here we go..

be UP from xmas on till march 15th..

dont think ill ride much after feb end..but ill be there..

let me know whats UP and who wants to ride and hang...

wide open after durphee early jan...

come on UP to MASS and lets roll..

f u k i n A

PD

As of now gonna be back up in Houghton the 15th-17th as long as it is below 32 degrees, I will look you up.

Bear

D

Deleted member 10829

PD, how has the riding been? We were up early January but trail 13 south of Rockland was brutal for several days in a row so we didn't make it up your way except one day, but a guy in our group bent is front track shock and we headed back. They used to be the gold standard up there, we could always count on 13 being great, but that trail has been poor 90% of the time we have ridden the past several years.

POLARISDAN

PD, how has the riding been? We were up early January but trail 13 south of Rockland was brutal for several days in a row so we didn't make it up your way except one day, but a guy in our group bent is front track shock and we headed back. They used to be the gold standard up there, we could always count on 13 being great, but that trail has been poor 90% of the time we have ridden the past several years.

havent been out much..cupl days with durphee then a couple with the kids..no snow really..got sick this week so didnt ride at all and got some stuff to do tom and sat..with football sunday..plan on riding tues and wed next week..fuji and slim killed it above houghton..but getting there for me is trailer only..cant stand getting beat all the way there..

13? do you mean from rockland to greenland? last year it was always perfect..nobody rides it..hit it once this year and it was fine..but if your taking 13 from goegibic to rockland..cant remember it being groomed or good once in the last 5 years..i go thru white pine to onto..or down to bruces and UP 3..

just wish they had a solution to 13..the few time ive hit it good its a fantastic trail..its actually a trail that NEEDS all day grooming..3 times a day..only way with the traffic..just like twin lakes north..

dont know..i guess ill start riding soon..dont seem to be in a hurry this year..florida bud is superbowl week..and there really is no snow..

i have to learn the fire roads..i say it every year but still havent

pd

D

Deleted member 10829

I hope you feel better soon! No, I'm talking about 13 south of Rockland to where Gogebic starts to groom. Hasn't been good in years over multiple days. It used to be perfect almost every time we rode it. Last trip, Gogebic had the best grooming by far. I don't remember a bump on their trails this year. I heard they have new equipment and are really making an effort, although I've never had an issue with the area for the most part and I've based out of there for years.

You need to get out and ride! rp7x is up the weekend, he can show you some off trail.

D

Deleted member 10829

PD, your best bet for learning fire roads is to get an Ottawa National Forest Map from the Forest Service. Most of them are on there and numbered. For more info go to www.fs.fed.us/r9/ottawa or you can get them at several locations UP there. I got mine at Forest Headquarters on Hwy 2 in Ironwood. There are also locations in Ontonagon, Iron River, Watersmeet and Kenton.

D

Deleted member 10829

It looks like things south of Rockland on 13 haven't changed. The below is taken from Tom McCarthy's trail report today. What is going on up there?

"Wednesday we rode to Mass on 3 and then to Bergland on 13. The first 20 miles of 13 were an absolute mess with 2 ft moguls. Where 104 joined 13 things got great."

POLARISDAN

polarisdan,
I am trying to rent an apt above the old hardware store in Mass- we used to rent there 12 months any way do you have any contact info regarding the new owner?
thanks

no..sounds like some sledders bought it..packed this weekend..empty now..

durphee

Ill be riding from mercer to Hurley (hope we don't stop too long) dusting off the glitter, travel up to Lake of the CLouds, back down to Gogebic, hitting Presque Isle then back to Mercer...thats our Friday trip. Saturday we are going to stop at Bents for the radar runs for a bit but then stay south of the UP, well maybe hit Rodgers Bar, then back down. Let me know if you will be out...sure it will be busy but defintily fun.