12/28/18

• Thread starter Deleted member 10829
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 10829

3" here about 10 miles NW of Spooner. Very disappointing after all of the hype. :(

MKW

That's too bad. We have a cabin on Deer Lake off Lower McKenzie Lake Rd. Was hoping to come up for New Years and ride...guess not! I never believe all the hype anymore, just another blown forecast and probably the first of many this winter!

LoveMyDobe

At my place between Iron River and Brule WI a foot. Not all Bayfield County got that much. Trails are NOT open

matti

Totals reported by the Duluth News Tribune:

19.2 inches - McGregor
18 inches - Finland
16 inches - Payne
15.6 inches - Brimson
14.4 inches - Lutsen
14 inches - Hovland, Pine River
13 inches - Brainerd
12.4 inches - Two Harbors
12.2 inches - Duluth
11 inches - Proctor
10.5 inches - Big Fork, Grand Rapids
10.4 inches - Mahtowa
10.2 inches - Silver Bay
9.2 inches - Cloquet
8.2 inches - Maple
8 inches - Virginia
5.1 inches - Superior
4.5 inches - Ashland

Damn, I was hoping I wouldn't have to shovel my roof this year. Estimate of 8" to 10" in western U.P. It is light lake effect snowing right now.

JimAndros

Had a thin cover in my yard prior & a solid 12" now. Most of it was a wet packing now that should groom down flat & hard.

Can I drive to St. Cloud and ride good snow or should I travel a little further north before dropping my sleds? Thinking about doing an overnight trip this coming week just to put some miles on. Sounds like I could go to MacGregor and ride north east and be in great snow the whole way. Anyone know of good places to park a trailer in that area. Not very familiar with Minnesota riding even though I live here, most of my riding has been done in Northern Wisconsin and the UP.

D

Deleted member 10829

Can I drive to St. Cloud and ride good snow or should I travel a little further north before dropping my sleds? Thinking about doing an overnight trip this coming week just to put some miles on. Sounds like I could go to MacGregor and ride north east and be in great snow the whole way. Anyone know of good places to park a trailer in that area. Not very familiar with Minnesota riding even though I live here, most of my riding has been done in Northern Wisconsin and the UP.

This thread is for snowfall totals only. Your question will get more looks and answered better in Area Conditions and Information, just FYI.

Sorry, I was looking at so many threads I actually thought I was in that one when posted. Lol, maybe you can move it over not sure I know how?

D

Deleted member 10829

No problem at all! Happens often. I'm not sure what thread you would want it under or you can start your own thread. If you need any help, let me know.