12' clam shell, drive on,drive off. Pricing?

Woodtic

2005,Rance/ Rough Rider. Ski guides,pick/ track mats. Stored 90% of its life inside. New spare tire. I'm looking to sell it and the prices are all over the place? Not looking to give it away,or get rich. Just looking to price it to sell. It's located in the Up,but I live in Ilanoid. I do know it's worth more up in the Up. What should I ask? Ya I know it's not a Triton, so save it.:)

garyl62

If it's in great shape I'd start around 3500, you can always come down. Seen a lot of Triton's going for mid or even upper 3's so who knows, if someone's looking for a 12'er brand may not matter. Not sure if they are worth more in the UP though. Not a lot of guys up there need trailers, us Illinois boys need them all the time so could be a better market down here.

Woodtic

The reason why I thinks it's worth more up north,is transport. Down here,I can jump on I80, pick up a new one at the factory,and be back by noon. Transport is a big cost in big boxy trailers. I will probably pull it back to sell. Hard to sell something when your not around.

frosty

I paid $4300 brand new for a Triton 12' v nose drive on drive off clam shell last season. $3500 would be a good starting point, figure on getting $3200 to $3000.

Woodtic

Thanks for the info. I will pull it back this weekend,ask $3400. If anybody wants it ? PM me. It's in Sidnaw,MI now,will be in Plainfield Il in a few weeks. I will be traveling through Wi with it. Only dead presidents will get the title.

Last edited:

indy_500

I paid $3175 for a brand new triton 12' clamshell last year. Tilt not a drive on drive off but just saying... Came with a jack too.

garyl62

I paid $3175 for a brand new triton 12' clamshell last year. Tilt not a drive on drive off but just saying... Came with a jack too.

I remember that, and remember thinking you got a good deal. Just checked a couple sites and the tilts are going for about 34-3700. Drive on/off's are around 4300. Remember this question was about a Rance, Woodtic told us all to save the Triton comments :)

Still think it will go for 3 or more. Sounds like starting at 34 is a good point.