120, how old were your kids when they started on one?

scottd

My oldest just turned 3 and the younger one is 15 months. No doubt they are too young this year but i'm thinking by next winter the older one may be ready. How fast do the 120's go "out of the box"? How slow can you govern them to go or rather is there some adjustability there without resorting to modifying them? Just wondering how big of a window there is there?

searay500

Our son was five. He loved it.. The thing probably goes 8-10 mph on hard pack. There are three throttle setting, so you can make it do pretty much what you want. Have Fun!!

renegade

My son was 3 May 2008 and I bought him one for a X-mas present. By the end of xmas day he had it down pretty well and by the end of the winter I would hold the governor back in open spaces. 3 is old enough. I cannot tell you speeds but it seems fairly slow, maybe 6 or 7, maybe doubles holding the governor and then I think you have to start changing gears. I bought mine used so I do not know if there are any screws on the carb to slow it down more, I wish I had a manual to find out as I have another boy who will be 2 this winter. The biggest thing I found was to teach him to learn how to use the brake and what it is for. Once he got that down his confidence shot up and he really did well. I would not be afraid to buy one this winter for your 3 year old, maybe for xmas.

elf

We got ours when my daughter was 4 and my son was 2 1/2. The big thing is getting them to learn to use the brake! they both picked it up real easy though.

gostman07

My daughter was 7 and my son was 4. They both took out part of my fence. My daughter loves it but now my son is a little timid. He would rather throw snowballs at his sister while she rides.

maj16

Got our first one 4 years ago, making them 6, 4, and 2. The 2 year old didn't ride it that year. We now have 2 120's one for my 8 year old, and one for the 5 year old, my 10 year old has graduated to a full size. My 5 year olds will be governed down to 8 mph, the other will be left stock, should go about 15. Like the others have said, teach them the BRAKE! My 8 yr old has taken out a windshield on the 120's 'cause he got confused and ran into the trailer! Use the tehter switch for the first hour or so, run along side them or make them go in circles around you. In a couple weeks they will ride like pros

I am thinking about one also for my 5.5 year old, any one have a used for sale? Not the right section for the question but live in So. Mn.

550supersport

my dad bought me and my brother one when we were 7& 8 and rode it all day that christmas day. but now we have grown out of it bec hes 17 and im 16 and we have our own full size sleds. there amazing for kids to have and it teaches them how to ride at a young age so when they get to be my age they can have their own. but the mini-z still goes with us when we go to the grandparents for xmas for my niece and nephew to ride but they dont ride must so if your looking to buy one ill ask my dad if he would like to sell it

ezra

they tell me I had my first kitty cat at 16mo. I guess Gramps plowed a oval track that it would not climb out of and I would drive around in circles till it ran out of gas.but the next winter I was getting stuck all over the cabin yard.buy 4 I had a detuned 292 lynx.get a kitty cat for the kid you can start them on that buy the time they can ride the 120 you can start them in drag racing the kitty cat you can make a kitty cat do 50 with not to much $

ezra

ps I got my kitty in 1971 and it is still running good and in the family hood cracked up bumpers bent up but after 8 or so kids still going

dad2rs

Both my girls started at 2 1/2 on a kitty cat and both moved up to their 120s at age 4.(now 8 & 6). now my just turned 2 year old boy took his first hot lap around the house in the grass yesterday.I can not open the shed without him jumping on the sled.

p.s. they never ride without a helmet and tekvest on.