1990 Indy 650 summer restoration...

G

G

Yes I realize that. On the very first pic you had before you started dismantling the entire sled there are red stripes on the tunnel right under the seat. Are you going to put them back on after you blast and paint the whole thing? You know - for the stock look? Or are they unavailable? I could believe that. It is getting old and if Pol is like AC there is stuff you just can't buy anymore.

mikes99ss

I bought a complete graphics kit off eBay. I want this sled to look as close to stock as possible. Hopefully all is included.

mikes99ss

Sub zero coating out of Ishpeming. Amazing work. I'll post the chassis pics when I pick it up in the next day or two

mikes99ss

It's not really a business, per say, it's a guy who does it at his house for a living. Here's a few of the parts I've already picked up.
IMG_20161218_185030059.jpg
IMG_20161218_185154653.jpg

skiroule

See, this is why these projects are so cool. You're taking a classic sled and not only making it look like new, it will actually be better than new. The first ride will make all the time and money worthwhile.

sweeperguy

WOW. your really going to the Nth degree on this aren't you?
LOVE IT. Would really love to see it in person when its finished. Amy chance of you going to the vintage run up in Greenland, Superior Snowmobile Club? Early March

mikes99ss

WOW. your really going to the Nth degree on this aren't you?
LOVE IT. Would really love to see it in person when its finished. Amy chance of you going to the vintage run up in Greenland, Superior Snowmobile Club? Early March

No clue, so busy chassing my son's hockey that I haven't planned any rides at all this year

samc

Your project is really turning out nice! Makes we want to start digging into our project sled finally 1982 John Deere Trail Fire.