2000 Polaris XC 600

93cherokeesport

Hey guys I just got a 2000 Polaris XC 600 for my birthday. It has boyesen reeds on it, power valves, a newer track, 4in. riser, and the engine is just rebuilt (it had 7000 miles on it when it blew up). Is it a good sled? Is there anything I need to worry about and can I get a different clutch for it?

Any help is appreciated.

Tyler

indy_500

Sounds decent, how many miles on rebuild? Did you ask why it blew up? Could be clogged jet, or improper carb jetting etc. Overall, it'd a really good motor. Keep them powervalves clean.

vector08

Sounds like a good sled. I have a 2000 XCSP and I love it. I dont trail ride it anymore, but I do ride it wround my yard, and it works great for almost anything. The engine will last as long as you keep up with the maintnance. The motor in my is still running strong, and it has over 5000 on it, I know its less than yours but still plenty for a 2 stroke. What color is it? Does it have studs? You should have plenty of fun on that sled! send a pic if possible!

vector08

Well, i would consider my snowmobile pretty snappy. It has plenty of power for a 600 and it have no trouble with lack of power. Mine is red also, i have a red windshield, bar protectors, and painted the mirrors red. mines pretty sharp.

vector08

Thats alot of studs for a 144 inch track. I have 96 studs on mine and I dont even like that. Other than that it looks like it will be a great sled to have! Is this your first sled?

93cherokeesport

Yea thats what I thought when we got it but no I had a I think 89 srv 540, then a 95 xlt indy special 600 now this but my dad's got an 03 mxz 600.

indy_500

Thats alot of studs for a 144 inch track. I have 96 studs on mine and I dont even like that. Other than that it looks like it will be a great sled to have! Is this your first sled?

144??? it's a 121

Studs can poke holes in your heat exchangers losing all coolant. Gen II's don't have much clearance to start with. And a lot of miles on the sled = studs bound to pull thru.

vector08

Sorry indy, I get confuzed with my dads sled. he has the Yamaha Rage that has the crossover track. Its a 144 I believe. Yes, studs can be very bad. Also, the studs pulling out has alot to do with how you ride it. If it has had a fairly rough life, more likely to have stud pullouts, but if and old grandpa has been riding it, less likely. Indy, I have a question for you, how do you have you rear suspension set up? As far as the blocks that the springs are on and such, where you limiter straps are? Things like that. PM me if you want. If not its not a big deal.

Morgan

SPOR

Hey Tyler,
Happy belated B-day Sunday, I would have love to have been there when you got it. I think that is an awesome sled for you, and it should last as long as you want it to, especially the way your old man takes care of his. That sled is basically brand new, engine gone through, every bearing has been checked or replaced, suspension gone through completely along with cluthes,(by a Polaris guru), suspension, blah, blah blah. Have a good time this week riding and be careful. Show Frankie how to ride!

SPOR

Vector08,

No, not at all. I just know what all was done to this sled, and it will be an awesome machine for him. It really is practically brand new. Sorry about the confusion on my previous post.