2001 Yamaha SXR 600

bernsie15099

I have over 7,600 miles on my 2001 Yamaha SXR 600 triple. I replaced one piston, ring(s), jug etc on the clutch side at 6,300 miles due to a broken ring. The sled has been well taken care of as I'm a meticulous owner. Should I be concerned about the higher mileage on the other two cylinders? Typically, how many more miles will this motor last if properly maintained and riden moderately on trails?

bernsie15099

According to my local service professional, a broken ring was the suspected cause. I'm a mature trail rider that drives with controlled speed and common sense.

ezra

I know of a srx600 with triple pipes with over 15000mi with original top end and the sled has not been babied ever. just dumb luck on your part with the ring.have talked with a guy with over 30000 on 700 srx with 1 top end at 20k.yami 3 cyl one of the most reliable sled motors ever made.skid not so mutch but motor great and that comes from a hard core kitty guy

bernsie15099

ezra---that's encouraging information!!! Hopefully it hangs in there. I love everything about the sled as I'm a trail rider. It'll be mainly riden by my wife now as I just upgraded to a 2004 Yamaha RX Warrior 4-stroke. The SXR will only get maybe 500 miles per year---maybe it could be my 6-month son's first sled in years to come. Very reliable motor!!

1-snowbullet

Srx 700 i SOLD TO A BUD WITH 4500 MILES ON HER NOW HAS JUST under 10 THOW MILES on it now still running but the eng needs a overhall low compression on all cylenders.. FYI dont forget to tighten your chain every 1000 miles and replace eaust gasket doughnuts for proper exaust seal losses power if bad .. chain being loose can wipe out track bearing and jack shaft bearing I learned the hard way .. good sled add M-10 and front lift kit even better .. if its anything like my wifes old srx 600 about 15-17 mpg my 700 got 15 -16 mpg .. enjoy a great machine fast and they sound neet ..

L

lenny

yami trips are awsome motors. the sound is so good, especially on the triple triple (srx)