2002 edge

treetrunk

I'm just looking for some info. I'm thinking of buying a boss seat for me sled and was wondering if anybody had any good or bad things to say about them! Also another type of seat that I was looking at is on sled solutions .com and I was wondering if there is any good or bad info out there about their seats.

Thanks in advance Treetrunk

indy_500

Just throwing it out there another possibility would be a shorty seat off of a pro-x. People still want $300 used though.

tourguide

I just put a boss seat on my 03 Polaris, wish I would have done it 3 years ago, I dont ride sitting much, but with the stock seat my knees and hips would get pretty cramped up from the lower riding position, the boss is at least 3 inches taller.

rockies

The Pro/X2 seat or 07/08 SuperSport seat like shown on my 02 Edge is a good option. With a handlebar riser, the transition between sitting and standing is easy.

Attachments

• IMG_7970a.jpg
    IMG_7970a.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 74

dale_58

I'm just looking for some info. I'm thinking of buying a boss seat for me sled and was wondering if anybody had any good or bad things to say about them! Also another type of seat that I was looking at is on sled solutions .com and I was wondering if there is any good or bad info out there about their seats.

Thanks in advance Treetrunk

I had this made for my 02 classic.my knee's were taking a beating until i got this custom riser made.Bought new Dragon in Jan.
selling 6" riser
$250.00

Attachments

• 07-12-15 no trailer sucks 010.jpg
    07-12-15 no trailer sucks 010.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

xcr440

For you guys with those raised seats, did you experience any issues with the higher center of gravity when riding? I've been debating doing something like this being 6"5" as well.

dale_58

It took a ride or 5 (ha)to get used to it.Just hang my fat arsh off more than normal.My wife told me to ride normal.(what is normal ?) in 7000 miles had it on the side 3 or 4X not because of the 6" extra rise.
Dale

likinit2

I had one on the SKS before and sold it when I bought an M8 but when I sold the M8 and kept the old Edge based SKS I had to buy another. The seat could have a little more cushion for trail riding but even after having back surgery it is still a better seat just because of the better posture and ability to stand much easier. You will have a higher center of gravity but some more active input will take care of that.

Attachments

• 0216011308.jpg
    0216011308.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 28

tourguide

For you guys with those raised seats, did you experience any issues with the higher center of gravity when riding? I've been debating doing something like this being 6"5" as well.
I think its kinda like riding a newer chassis sled, just takes less rider input to make it go where you want.