2002 Polaris 120

dew69

My boys 120 will not start. It was starting on first pull earlier this year, now all I do is pull and pull and pull. Gas is on, key is on, and the switch is pulled up. Any Ideas?

kraven700

My boys 120 will not start. It was starting on first pull earlier this year, now all I do is pull and pull and pull. Gas is on, key is on, and the switch is pulled up. Any Ideas?

Drain all of the old fuel with a pump, dump it into your daily driver and re-fill with fresh fuel

mn_polaris_guy

maybe pour a little gas in the spark plug to see if you can get it to pop. Also, check your crank oil, it might be full of gas if the carb is stuck or if you have been choking it a bunch.

dognvenus

I have the same problem with 2 of my 120's every year. I first fill the tank with fresh gas, with a little Sea Foam added. When preparing to change the plug for the season I use a small syringe and put a VERY small amount (half a thimble full) of gas in the chamber and put in the new plug. I raise the track off the ground with a jack, then with the choke pulled, give the rope a pull. It will start and just give it a much throttle as you can and push the choke in slowly as you can.

I have only had to repeat the process just one time on one sled.

For some reason whether its the float sticking or what I don't know. My sleds use to be the same way...fill it with fresh gas, first pull and the kids were gone.

Good luck... I know its enough to make you wanna scream. A little gas engine getting the best of you.

Dog

Last edited: