2003 F7 clutching

durphee

I am looking at installing a new clutch for my 2003 F7. The sled has 4300 miles, im putting in a new top end and want to keep it several more years. Im about 210 pounds and have no other mods on the sled. I am not a top speed kind of guy but i really want low end snap and quick response to about 80-90 or so. I was just about ready to purchase a ODS kit but they are not selling them anymore. I have researched BMP, Goodwin, D+D, etc... and not really sure which way to go. Any suggstions? Im willing to spend $400-500.

Thanks in advance.

duramax

I had a BMP in my F1000 and it had really good low end and mid range. I also had a speedwerx clutch kit in my crossfire 6, and that worked good too. I would go with the BMP IMO.

thebreeze

I would check your motor mounts while you are at it. Mag side in particular. When these go, clutch efficiency, and responsiveness goes with it. Also, the large bushing on the secondary is junk at your mileage, and is another crucial area to address in regards to clutch performance.

ezra

I think racinstation on snowest is one of the few that can replace that bushing .
gearing and clutching is what u need .
what do u want for top end ? do u want rolling start or dead stop start ?

durphee

I am going to have the bushing checked and go from there. For top end speed, maybe 90 give or take - Im going to purchase a top end kit with OEM parts. I would want more dead stop start.

ezra

like heavy off the line notched weights type start.
U are well studded I assume?
would u rather have a 660ft or 1000ft set up.
any intrust in adding timing? the f7 loves timing.
U can run 7deg in a 1000 ft sled but just 3 will do a world of good