2003 pro X 440 fan

just wondering if anyone has had any low end bog on these sleds
and yes I cleaned the carbs real good !
the boots from the air box do look loose around the carbs but on the high end
it pulls about 7700 rpm's.

Hows the belt to sheave clearance on the primary. Should be around .010. If your belt is sloppy in the primary that would cause low end bog. Just a thought for you to look at.

garageguy

These sleds are reall sensitive to warmer temps. I put a Holtzman Tempa flow in mine to solve that problem. I would try a new almound primary spring, drop the pilot jets one size,and 2.25 turnes open on the air screws. The Almound spring has a higher engagement and will help you get past the low end stumble

Hey Garageguy, I have 39 s in it (stock 42 ?) and the air screws I have tried from 3/4 to 11/2 turns out
I wouldn't even think to go that far out

the stock spring that is in it ( white ) it engages at around 4200 - 4500

garageguy

Here is my set up. Primary, almound spring, 10-54 wieghts. Secondery red spring, second hole. This will give you 4500 engagement and full shift at 7800.
I would try 320-330 for mains depending on how cold it is. .035 for pilots and 2.0 turnes out on the air screws. If your low speed stumble happens mostly on warmer days, I would drop the needles one, on those warmer days. I have 17000 mi. on my sled and tried everything to get rid of the stumble. This set up worked the best, untill I went with the Holtzman tempa flow. You could also enlarge the hole in the hood where the cooling air exits the motor, I found that will also make a difference.