2003 pro x 600, no brake light????????

rvrbum4

I just got a '02 prox 600 for my son and the brake light doesn't work and neither does the brake light in the dash. I checked both bulbs - OK. Checked the brake light switch for continuity and got a lower ohm when squeezing brake but not a direct connection. Also, could not get a voltage coming up either wire to the switch.
I'm not sure what I should be seeing on these tests.
Where do I go from here??

mikes99ss

Most of the time that i have see nno brake light situations the wire got chaffed through underneath the seat. Just a next place to look

rvrbum4

I thought about that also except for the no voltage at the handle bars to begin with. Shouldn't I get 12 volts at the switch??

stevis

If I remember right the switch connects the negitive side so you will not have any voltage at the switch. Had the same problem on my 02 XC, take off the seat and check wire and plug for rear light.

jccams

My money is on the switch since the indicator light is also not working. Had the same problem on an xc5, switch checked just like you describe. Unplug the connector at the switch then get a piece of wire and jump across the harness side and I bet you get lights. switch is about 60 bucks I believe.