2003 Ski Doo Rev - James Bond Edition

polarisxcsp

A guy at work is selling his 2003 Ski Doo Rev – James bond edition with roughly 5,000 miles on it. Aftermarket shocks all the way around, clutch kit, full d&d exhaust, 96 studs, v force reeds. It looks like a very clean machine. I asked him if he was selling it and he said he was thinking for listing it for around $1800. I wasn’t in the market but maybe I am now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 10829

That does seem like a good deal! You could probably ride it for 3-4 years and still get that our of it, or close.

polarisxcsp

I think it would be a good investment. I have acess to a cabin in Frederic where I can leave the sled during winter so it wouldnt cost me much to drive the car back and forth for the weekend

Last edited:

Skidooski

03 and 04 revs were notorious for flaking rings. I had both my 04s redone with new rings. The symtom is hard starting and stalling when going into reverse. I would ask him about that. Other then that they are great riding machines.

Just my .02 cents

polarisxcsp

What about the beaver tails on them? Good, bad? I havent really heard much about them but didnt necc ever look into it either.

doospunk

Beaver Tails = No good if you get off of packed snow, but there are plenty of Beaver tail delete kits for 03's out there. I had one on mine back when I had it, and it was money well spent. There not to expensive, and not very difficult to install.

polarisxcsp

Does a BT kit consist of the tunnel etx and a diff flap and bumper? Would I need to put longer coolers on it?

Last edited:

whitedust

03 and 04 revs were notorious for flaking rings. I had both my 04s redone with new rings. The symtom is hard starting and stalling when going into reverse. I would ask him about that. Other then that they are great riding machines.

Just my .02 cents

X2 .......That is a for sure & you can count that it will need rings if not done on recall. If rings never replaced engine about done at 5000 miles & he knows it & why $1800. Beaver tail ok but again would not care at $1800. Just hope he did not disconnect speedo. Lots of ifs to clear details but could be a good deal too.

Yes there was a ring issue but with 5000 miles on it you can pretty much bet they have already been replaced.If the sled is in good shape for that price if i had the extra cash i would buy it just to have.Or it would also be a good one to buy and turn to make a buck.