2007 Ski Doo 800 ptek Reverse problem

nossbossk

Ok, guys got a question. 2007 blizzard 800ptek. NO electric start but does have reverse. Sled starts great, runs great, etc. I sometimes get a problem with the sled stalling when i put it in reverse. as soon as i hit the reverse button the motor slows down to go into reverse and stalls. only does this sometimes. happen when it is warm and when it is cold. Any imput?

doospunk

noss - That's a typical symptom of low compression on Doos. Do a compression check on each cylinder. Could very well be a case of bad "or" flaking rings.

nossbossk

sled has 900 miles on it. has done it since i bought it last year with 200 miles on it. sled runs and idles great. i will do a compression test though.

snowbuff

Probably not rings, with only 900 miles. Unless something happened before you bought it.
Maybe cmsnow is on to something. Maybe idle is to high, or to low?
I am interested to find out what it is. Let us know.

snobinge

My 07' does the same thing. Very common for doo's. I have seen a couple posts on dootalk that talk about adjusting idle screw to solve problem.

nossbossk

Talked to my dealer lastnight. He said if it was an 03 600 with 2000 miles on it he would say rings, He is pretty sure that there is a recall on something about it. he was going to check today and call me back. I will keep everyone posted. Thanks for the input

doo_dr

You may think I'm smoking something funny but look at your belt. I have seen alot of sleds that the belt deflection is too tight and will cause this problem. Someone correct me but this technology came from the ultra lite plane technology so motors wouldn't run in reverse. The technology reads crank postion at two points and when the crank revolutions slow down enough (almost stopped) The system studders the timing in 1/2 stroke, on maybe a couple revolutions, to stop the crank and counter rotate the crank. There is virtually no HP at that time and any drag on the crankshaft can hinder the system during the studder (engineers will call it something different). Compression, plug type and gap, fuel, hot pipe, and electrical issues will all hinder this performance. Start with checking the basics. Good Luck

so8434

For me it seems to work if I feather my throttle about a 1/4" a couple of times after the reverse button is pushed and until it re-starts. Maybe just a band-aid for a bigger problem, but it seems to work

rev500

I have an 03 doo that did this. On mine it was the fact that the battery was bad (had been getting bad over time). When I replaced the battery the problem went away. I do not know if the manual start Doo's have a battery or not.

nossbossk

Hey guys, Sorry for the delay, sled is at the dealer, they said that it has to do with the idle. said the sled should idle arround 2000-2200 rpm, mine is arround 1500, easy fix, but it still has one free service so i dropped it off tuesday for a pre winter tune up. told them to fix it. I will keep you posted. They did tell me that there is also some sort of reverse module that could be causing the problem. they were going to investigate. Keep you all posted. Thanks for all of the input though.

brad

I've had it happen a couple of times with my sleds over the years (all 600 HO SDI engines). I don't think the engine size is an issue. It was always just adjusting the idle and the problem was solved.

nossbossk

Reverse Problem fixed, adjusted idle and everything works properly. No more dying when reverse is engaged. Thanks for all the responces guys.