2013 sleds

alwaysright

new pics posted on the facebook page with link above. carbon fiber "over structure" that goes over the motor, also the pic shows the brake rotor and a lack of a chaincase, I think it's clear it's going to have a belt drive like crazy mountain extreme sells.. very interesting to me at least.

alwaysright

Poo just posted pics of the new belt drive system, 5 lbs lighter and 21% less intertia. I'm not really a mtn rider but this sled is the most mountain specific sled you can imagine. No more need for companies like crazy mountain extreame or fab-craft IMO.

alwaysright

The only thing that will be interesting now is if doo comes out with a new platform to see how that completes with this pro rmk but right now the pro is hands down the best mountain machine available.

misty_pines

Rumors are that Doo is coming out with an new mountain specific sled with a belt drive also - getting rid of the chain case. Now Poo just need to come up with a direct injected 2 stroke. The mountain segment seems to be heating up between the makers. Competition is good.

I personally think that new drive system will be diamond drive #2 :(
Really? Based on what facts?

Synchronous belts are more efficient, weigh less (no oil and less parts), and have less maintenance costs over time than chain drives. There’s no need for a tensioner and if the proper belt materials are used they will not stretch like chain drives can and do.

Last edited:

alwaysright

Really? Based on what facts?

Synchronous belts are more efficient, weigh less (no oil and less parts), and have less maintenance costs over time than chain drives. There’s no need for a tensioner and if the proper belt materials are used they will not stretch like chain drives can and do.

Think it was sarcasim, but who knows. The pics from the FB page are very cool and I would not be suprised to see doo (or seadoo) come out with a new chassis and belt drive system. The only question is who will be the first one with a full mountain sled either 144 or 155 under 400 lbs dry?

if anyone watches the off road Side by Side market they know polaris has it dominated...they are in a search to keep the king of deep snow title. anyone challenges or matches polaris they will just one up them!! its a great vicious cycle lol

olsmann

The only thing that will be interesting now is if doo comes out with a new platform to see how that completes with this pro rmk but right now the pro is hands down the best mountain machine available.

So you are saying poo is hands down the best machine available right now based on the glimpses of what they are going to release and having no idea what the others have come out with and also never having ridden a pro rmk?? and as you said "im not reall a mtn rider"