2014 Boat season

just_ride

Add bad water quality to list.
Only been out twice so far this year, and I've had the last 7 days off!!
Must be in Lake Winnebago? I can smell it from Hwy 41 when driving past.
only been in that lake once and won't be back.
Go a little South to Green Lake, for better water quality. just my 2 cents.
should be good boating this weekend, water is still a little chilly on Big Green.

eagle1

Hey pr1 recognize these guys? Lol.
Hope your dog survived the 4th!
Was out all day Thursday, gorgeous out and low traffic!!

whitedust

Had wife drop me off at St Augustine,FL launch on mother's day weekend great entertainment. Couldn't get near launch with truck so took my lawn chair & walked in from bridge road crazy stuff going on with no place to park after launch at least no one was shot that I know of.lol Catch the rays & watch the madness! lol

just_ride

how's the boating going?
got to get out last weekend for the first time in 2 years as the kids wanted to get out on the tube and do some skiing. water was not bad last weekend on Big Green! a few pics from the adventure.

Attachments

• DSC00286.jpg
    DSC00286.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC00307.jpg
    DSC00307.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC00308.jpg
    DSC00308.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 21

polarisrider1

Summer never showed. Boat goes into heated storage October 20. Lake Michigan water up 20 plus inches but not a day in the 90's. Oh well.

eagle1

Winterized last weekend, storage this weekend. Put whopping 16 hrs on this summer.:(
Working to many hrs. Wife's schedule sucked too. We use to put on over 50 hrs. a yr. Maybe next year.

miked

Got out for the last time (probably) on Sunday. Lake Michigan was flat, sun was shining, we ran from East Chicago to Michigan City for lunch. Pictured is me eating dessert...Yamaha40th's 42 Fountain, lol.

It did seem like summer just never arrived this year, but we still put 60 or 70 hours on the boat in IL, IN, WI, MI, OH and FL.

Attachments

• bz3.jpg
    bz3.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 32

polarisrider1

Boating season just extended. Our marina closes Oct.15. So another marina that is courting me said come on over, we are open until Nov.3 check us out!!! No charge. So Sunday I will do a color tour up the west side of Lake Michigan then return to Keenan Marina until Nov.3. They will lift my boat out at that time and put into heated storage. I like the word "Free" and "extended".

Dave_B

Well, of course I'd like to join you on the tour. I have a hockey tournament that day, however. Can we do it on Monday instead?

polarisrider1

Well, of course I'd like to join you on the tour. I have a hockey tournament that day, however. Can we do it on Monday instead?

Brewtoberfest Saturday. Free parking on my land next to the race track. Dave B. Got you a reserved spot.

Last edited:

polarisrider1

looking at the Spring lake/Grand Haven web cam and still a bunch of boats are in the water. my slip is the 8th one down on the left of the flag pole. empty. Thank you John for putting this camera on your site. Management of the marina knows it's here and refers the boaters to your site. We actually talk sledding with a group all summer long. Amazing how many boater/biker/sledders there are.