2014 Boat season

whitedust

Pier is in lift is in but boat in storeage with snow flying yesterday & cold temps today I'm in no hurry.LOL

SledTL

Pier is in lift is in but boat in storeage with snow flying yesterday & cold temps today I'm in no hurry.LOL

Going to put the boat in on Sunday hoping that it will be glass and I can get the first ski run in of the season. Weird it's snowing here in northern Illinois as I type....

whitedust

Going to put the boat in on Sunday hoping that it will be glass and I can get the first ski run in of the season. Weird it's snowing here in northern Illinois as I type....
Even the hardcores are laying off the skiing water temps in 50s is cold in low 40s is insane unless dry suit but what fun is that? I have skied in the upper 30s air temp in Lake Geneva in Nov just for the pictures with wet suit. Fun factor was ok but water temp was in 50s.

SledTL

Even the hardcores are laying off the skiing water temps in 50s is cold in low 40s is insane unless dry suit but what fun is that? I have skied in the upper 30s air temp in Lake Geneva in Nov just for the pictures with wet suit. Fun factor was ok but water temp was in 50s.

Yea I typically will be a hard core skier and go no matter what but it was windy this past weekend and I didn't feel like pulling out the wet suit. A few years ago we kept the boat in until Halloween just to take some freezin pics of skiing and bare footing

whitedust

Yea I typically will be a hard core skier and go no matter what but it was windy this past weekend and I didn't feel like pulling out the wet suit. A few years ago we kept the boat in until Halloween just to take some freezin pics of skiing and bare footing
We used to wear dive suits for the severe cold took pictures with the snow flying on Lake Geneva air temps were worse than water temp ..LG so deep water stayed in low 50s in Nov.:)

SledTL

We used to wear dive suits for the severe cold took pictures with the snow flying on Lake Geneva air temps were worse than water temp ..LG so deep water stayed in low 50s in Nov.:)

Now skiing with snow, that's a bit dumb hahaha, that sounds like water cross weather lol.

eagle1

Beautiful out but boat still needs a good rub down and now the lake flys hatched. Maybe get out next week.

polarisrider1

Well just made it thru the first of three poser boaters without a clue weekends. NO WAKE means just that. We have a problem at
our marina with "gawkers" they are tooners and toters boats that are to small to justify slip rental or ownership. We have a marked navigable water way for them but very little to see for them, so the wannabies cut thru our marina within 5' of docks. law states 50' last I knew. It is a safety issue. Just like backing a house (not a car) out of your driveway with no brakes while watching for children on tricycles (ski boats, tooners, jet skis, barely floatable junk over loaded with drunks, etc.) who have no clue of the rules and regulations.
So all that to say this. One of our dogs loves to sun on the swim platform as I was running the vacuum in the cockpit. well a major leaguer wannabe (very large boat, first time boat owner) comes cruising by and the dog is throw off the platform and into the water. Not sure how long for sure he had been in the water for sure since these boats go by like this nonstop on holiday weekends. well I found a semi floating dog tail under my swim platform. he managed to climb up on the trim tab to keep from drowning. I choked up on his tail as far as I could to get a good hold of him as I lifted him up like pulling vermin out from under a deck. After some work I got him breathing again. wife totally freaked. he seems much better but has a paw injury from the trim tab.
If your out on the water slow down, relax, respect your fellow boaters and wildlife. Life is to short to always be rushing around. It's the trip not the destination.

just_ride

what
no issues with them trying to get the boat in the water at the launch?
or out of the water...
always a comedy act!

polarisrider1

what
no issues with them trying to get the boat in the water at the launch?
or out of the water...
always a comedy act!
Not sure where all the boats launch. Mostly in/out service I suspect. Today was great, sheriff setup camp in the marina. Wasn't 10 seconds he had jet skis on plane in the no wake zone pulled over. We popped popcorn, pulled up some chairs and watched the circus.

Dave_B

Not sure where all the boats launch. Mostly in/out service I suspect. Today was great, sheriff setup camp in the marina. Wasn't 10 seconds he had jet skis on plane in the no wake zone pulled over. We popped popcorn, pulled up some chairs and watched the circus.

Just popcorn?? I know how you operate!

You should come over here to our lake if you want to watch a good circus. Nothing like an inland lake with weekend wannabe's out boating/drinking!

Sad thing is, the "sherrif boat" has a sherrif who know less about bating than anybody else on the lake and they always seem to pull over those of us who have been boating longer than they have been alive. Total joke!
Two kids were killed on the lake last here while tubing behind a PWC with no spotter. Sad day. We were out there. Sherrif dept decided that they would re-fund lake patrol AFTER that incident and they still just putt around the lake or pull next to anchored pontoons with family aboard just having fun counting life jackets. They seem to intentionally ignore the morons on PWC's.
Don't understand!

Last fall, they were trying to get the boat started at the launch to no avail. Five of them standing around like road workers staring at the engine compartment. One of them finally got it started and let it run at full throttle for five minutes before two of them got on and left. Was hoping it would blow to see how they would react. It was a "had to be there" thing but, certainly showed their "knowledge" of boats/boating.

Sorry for the ramble!

polarisrider1

Just popcorn?? I know how you operate!

You should come over here to our lake if you want to watch a good circus. Nothing like an inland lake with weekend wannabe's out boating/drinking!

Sad thing is, the "sherrif boat" has a sherrif who know less about bating than anybody else on the lake and they always seem to pull over those of us who have been boating longer than they have been alive. Total joke!
Two kids were killed on the lake last here while tubing behind a PWC with no spotter. Sad day. We were out there. Sherrif dept decided that they would re-fund lake patrol AFTER that incident and they still just putt around the lake or pull next to anchored pontoons with family aboard just having fun counting life jackets. They seem to intentionally ignore the morons on PWC's.
Don't understand!

Last fall, they were trying to get the boat started at the launch to no avail. Five of them standing around like road workers staring at the engine compartment. One of them finally got it started and let it run at full throttle for five minutes before two of them got on and left. Was hoping it would blow to see how they would react. It was a "had to be there" thing but, certainly showed their "knowledge" of boats/boating.

Sorry for the ramble!
:)

eagle1

Holy crap, that should be easy lawsuit to win.
Never ever heard of boat patrols with only one officer before!

just_ride

not always popcorn, sometime almonds or I enjoy ice tea in the summer.

ezra

in my parts the lake has been no wake all season. deff will still be to high for the 4th they are estimating not until mid to late July for full no wake restrictions on the lakes and st croix river .
it has to stop raining at some point right?

snowdance

Milwaukee Air and Boat Show canceled both days last weekend due to fog. The "Big Bang" Fireworks to kick off Summerfest postponed the last two nights due to fog, now rescheduled for next Tuesday. I think the cold temps of Lake Michigan and the warmer air are wreaking havoc on Milwaukee's Lakefront events. Still lingering effects of the harsh winter I suspect.