--2015 800ETEC Dyno'd--

momoney2123

Just seen the dyno sheets from dynotech 800E out of breakin mode. 164.2!!!!! Impressive. from 7900-8200 all over 162 HP. Max at 8000 rpm.

momoney2123

Yeah the orginal 2010.5 pre-production 800E went 163.3 and they compared how close the 2015 was to that. They de-tuned them for a few years and got 162 out of the 2012 with a 4 degree timing advance. But this was brought in by cooper dealership, with 30 gallons ran thru it and out of break in.

L

lenny

that's very impressive, doo's putting out some good stuff and great riding sleds

G

G

All well and good but you don't ride a dyno. Got to get the power to the snow.

momoney2123

that's very impressive, doo's putting out some good stuff and great riding sleds

I guess im most impressed because all the previous dyno's(minus the 10.5's) were in the 155-157 range. He also wrote in the write up dont waste your time with an airbox as it showed no improvement.

- - - Updated - - -

All well and good but you don't ride a dyno. Got to get the power to the snow.

At least in our group the results have shown. the 2015's have long legs in comparison to older etecs and other twin 800s we have ran into this year on da lake.

momoney2123

Not sure if they did it because of the T3 or what, but im shocked they didnt slap a high output sticker on it for marketing purposes.

L

lenny

the punch them 800's pack is incredible. I remember when Mr.Freeze bought his 800r and holy cow, seat off the pants punch! I have never rdien the 800etec but how does it compare to the older 800ptec?

indy_500

All that power, must be the reason my buddy blew a belt on his 15 summit before the 100 mile mark :D

srt20

All that power, must be the reason my buddy blew a belt on his 15 summit before the 100 mile mark :D

Nope, that's the awesome clutch BRP has.

But they need all that HP to spin that boat anchor on the end of the crank.

snobuilder

When I feel the need to top end on the lake I take out the Apex....when its time for trail fun ....the AXYS 8 is the ticket...
makes the rennys look old, flat and stodgy...I hope Doo can come up with some sorta fun chassis to stick all that power into.

momoney2123

Did he just slap a new belt on it? Obviously not normal, clutches out of alignment?

Knock on wood, i have never blown a belt in my life. 18 years of them boat anchor TRA's, LOL :p. 2000 miles this year thus far belt looks new and measured .15 less than new. but i did SOME due diligence and made sure my clutches were aligned from factory. It does happen they come misaligned. There was a guy on dootalk that was blowing belts at obsurd rates on a 15 XRS and his clutches were wayyyyyyy out of alignment. PM is magic guys and gals!!!

- - - Updated - - -

When I feel the need to top end on the lake I take out the Apex....when its time for trail fun ....the AXYS 8 is the ticket...
makes the rennys look old, flat and stodgy...I hope Doo can come up with some sorta fun chassis to stick all that power into.

That one is HILARIOUS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. good one!!!!

Last edited:

snobuilder

- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR] Quote Originally Posted by snobuilder View Post

That one is HILARIOUS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. good one!!!![/QUOTE]

That is about as speechless you ever been on here!,....LOL

Face it.... Ski Doo needs to put the fun back into there sleds or Polaris is gonna destroy the empire leaving you doo heads crying and gnashing your teeth in a fit of depression never displayed before.

DOO= old, flat and stodgy

POLARIS RUSH = FUN!

momoney2123

- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

That one is HILARIOUS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. good one!!!!

That is about as speechless you ever been on here!,....LOL

Face it.... Ski Doo needs to put the fun back into there sleds or Polaris is gonna destroy the empire leaving you doo heads crying and gnashing your teeth in a fit of depression never displayed before.

DOO+ old flat and stodgy.

POLARIS RUSH = FUN![/QUOTE]

LMAO. Another good one!! That will be the day!! What does Rush mean? Rushed to the market? lol. Sorry i had to.

I do think the axys is a very nice sled and has narrowed the trail sled gap. Just stinx they are slower than molasses in january

russholio

Hallelujah, the dead horse has arisen!
worthy.gif

momoney2123

the punch them 800's pack is incredible. I remember when Mr.Freeze bought his 800r and holy cow, seat off the pants punch! I have never rdien the 800etec but how does it compare to the older 800ptec?

Powerwise? Powertecs make 150-155. the etecs were high 150's from 2011-2014, but the 15 exceeded the expectation. I rode 2 powerteks back to back with 2015etec and honestly i dont remember them vibrating that much!!! I guess you dont notice it until you switch rides. The 2015 etecs are bar none the smoothest and most dialed 2 strokes ROTAX has ever produced.