2016 Ski Doo Renegade 800 X

durphee

I have been tossing around the idea of getting a newer sled for quite some time. I found a real nice 2016 renegade X with low miles on it. I currently ride a 2012 F800 just a couple miles short of 8,000 miles. My Cat has been nothing but a joy to ride with very little maintenance and zero engine problems. I am not brand loyal so i was thinking of trying something different. But, I have found a 2017 ZR 800 for a good deal so Im a little conflicted. Any thought on the Renegade would be appreciated.

Yenann

I would gat a 17 Renegade X before the 16. The new Gen 4 platform is far and away better then the old XS platform. If heart is set on 16 Gade vs 17 ZR. Then stick with the Cat

momoney2123

I have been tossing around the idea of getting a newer sled for quite some time. I found a real nice 2016 renegade X with low miles on it. I currently ride a 2012 F800 just a couple miles short of 8,000 miles. My Cat has been nothing but a joy to ride with very little maintenance and zero engine problems. I am not brand loyal so i was thinking of trying something different. But, I have found a 2017 ZR 800 for a good deal so Im a little conflicted. Any thought on the Renegade would be appreciated.

16 gades are nice and are the best year for the 800E, I had a 15 and loved it, will be a definant upgrade to what you are currently riding but don't get on a G4 as it is night and day better.

If you cant swing a G4 id prolly go with the cat as well.

ezra

the other thing to think about here is all the crap you have for your 12 will most likely bolt on to the 17zr so that would save you a few bucks or a grand or so depending on your current level of addiction.

snobuilder

If you buy a newer sled with mileage/engine hour tracking on it, I'd recommend having it checked out by qualified dealer to verify odometer reading.

Modman440

I was brand loyal for a long time only rode cats. I still favor cats but this past winter I got to ride a brand new renegade x neighbor bought it and was not impressed my uncle picked up a brand new zr down here in Indiana and I'm not overly impressed by it either just sitting on the zr not riding it I don't like the seat or just about any of it. Both seam like quality has gone down in my opinion. I know some people feel like they are just amazing but really Polaris is about the only new sled I look at and go WOW and I got to ride a few different Polaris sleds last year and every single one I was blown away with handling, comfort, affordability. Its been my driving factor in buying an indy for my wife. But out of the 2 your looking at I would go with the zr there are some killer deals out there. Just my .02

MOD

durphee

Hate to see you moving away from the Assault!!

Assault is my first choice, just gotta find one in my price range.... or I need to increase my price range! I have budgeted to spend around $9,000 this year for a sled. In that range I put myself at a non current or a low mile sled, which I am fine with. Kip had a used Assault a little above that earlier this fall and I didn't jump on it and it was sold. I am still mad at myself for that. I agree that the G4 is the way to go and I just eliminated the 2016 X. I love my Cat and like ezra said I do have plenty of add ons that would work with the 17 sled. Ill just keep looking, if nothing comes up I'll ride the one I have.

whitedust

Assault is my first choice, just gotta find one in my price range.... or I need to increase my price range! I have budgeted to spend around $9,000 this year for a sled. In that range I put myself at a non current or a low mile sled, which I am fine with. Kip had a used Assault a little above that earlier this fall and I didn't jump on it and it was sold. I am still mad at myself for that. I agree that the G4 is the way to go and I just eliminated the 2016 X. I love my Cat and like ezra said I do have plenty of add ons that would work with the 17 sled. Ill just keep looking, if nothing comes up I'll ride the one I have.

Check PM.

momoney2123

https://greenbay.craigslist.org/snd/d/2017-ski-doo-renegade/6375855261.html

Your close, i bet you can deal on this. you wont regret it.

Hoosier

I jumped back and forth between friends' ZR and Renegade last year (not the G4). One thing I noticed is the renegade felt like it was built for a smaller rider. I'm 6' 3" and feel more comfortable on the Cat. Just pointing that out as something to look at if you are looking at switching to Doo from Cat.

Modman440

The 850s seem very lack luster as well. My cousin rides a 600iqr and absolutely stomped the 850 the guy seemed very embarrassed. I'm not trying to start a bicker match either sorry moderators if it looked like such just stating the lack of power that I would assume an 850 would have had or should of at least.

MOD

Yenann

The 850s seem very lack luster as well. My cousin rides a 600iqr and absolutely stomped the 850 the guy seemed very embarrassed. I'm not trying to start a bicker match either sorry moderators if it looked like such just stating the lack of power that I would assume an 850 would have had or should of at least.

MOD

No pissing match or brand bashing. But obviously the guy on the 850 has no idea how to ride. Unless you were on a tight twisty trail I could see a good rider on the IQ walking him. But in a straight line race that's not happening