2016 Ski-Doo Renegade Enduro 900 ACE

Looking at purchasing a used 2016 Ski-Doo Renegade Enduro 900 ACE 1,100 miles from a local dealer. Reviews seem to fit what I'm looking for in a "newer" sled primarily trail riding with some off trail, and occasionally 2-up riding. I've heard the ACE engines are low maintenance good MPG's.

Any issues I should look for when looking at the sled? Anyone have experience with this make/model?

Thanks for the input in advance.

pclark

Bought a used 2017 Renegade REV-XS 900 ACE, love it, rides great starts right up, 20 mpg, easy on the oil. Very happy with it, mine has almost 3,000 miles on it.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have the same engine in the Blizzard and honestly "no issues". It runs on regular gas and gets around 20 miles per gallon. It's quiet and has plenty of torque in the low end and that's some low miles for a 2016.

whitedust

Looking at purchasing a used 2016 Ski-Doo Renegade Enduro 900 ACE 1,100 miles from a local dealer. Reviews seem to fit what I'm looking for in a "newer" sled primarily trail riding with some off trail, and occasionally 2-up riding. I've heard the ACE engines are low maintenance good MPG's.

Any issues I should look for when looking at the sled? Anyone have experience with this make/model?

900 Ace is a good engine, good on gas , good trail sled. You’re being over sold as powder sled or 2up not the purpose it was built. It’s a moderate power trail sled robust 4s engine.

old abe

Right at 10K miles on mine, no problems what so ever, none! Normal annual maintenance, gas n go! You can do some clutching to really wake the 900 up, and do so without sacrificing any mpg's. Nothing but quite riding enjoyment!

900 Ace is a good engine, good on gas , good trail sled. You’re being over sold as powder sled or 2up not the purpose it was built. It’s a moderate power trail sled robust 4s engine.
Likely won't be doing much 2-up riding, only if the wife wants to ride to get lunch or dinner. I currently have a 2008 arctic tz1 LXR, thought the wife would be more interested snowmobiling. Not so much, so that is why I'm looking for more of a single rider sled with the option of a 2-up seat. As far as the off trail probably only if I were to ice fish and there is to much snow for the wheeler. Going back to the 2008 tz1 LXR if anyone is interested it in PM me, or I'm probably just going to trade it in.

whitedust

I guess sleds are selling as fast as cars/trucks, dealer just called me and they sold it in less than 24hours....
I hear ya about wifey lack of interest in snowmobiling been there done that. Current market on used sleds is hot , hot , hot especially on doo 900s. You see a low mile 900 snap it up or someone else will. Now you know.

1fujifilm

Under current conditions, anything from 95% of dealers is a complete ripoff..quote me on that.
1. Better value on a new one from a good Doo dealer, try Shawano, WI.
2. Buy used next fall..prices can't possibly be higher.

Bear

indy_500

I guess sleds are selling as fast as cars/trucks, dealer just called me and they sold it in less than 24hours....
Got that right! Picked the fiancé up a 14 GSX LE 900 Ace with 1200 miles a month/month and a half ago. Sleds were a little hotter and prices were a little higher at that time, but I have not seen hardly a single 900 Ace since then that doesn’t have 10k+ miles for sale. The one I bought, the guy had 50+ messages in less than 24 hrs and had a guy even offer to PayPal or Venmo him the payment sight unseen. Lucky to be the first one there and catch the listing 5 minutes after posted! So far she prefers the handling slightly more on her old 15 Indy 600 but very happy with the suspension and overall smoothness a 900 Ace has to offer. I absolutely love 20+ mpg at the pump on cheaper 87 fuel. We are currently averaging closer to 25 than 20, with 300 miles so far on her new ride. I hate to say it but you probably won’t find another low mile 900 Ace for sale this winter, especially without driving for it. My 2 cents.

old abe

Yo
Got that right! Picked the fiancé up a 14 GSX LE 900 Ace with 1200 miles a month/month and a half ago. Sleds were a little hotter and prices were a little higher at that time, but I have not seen hardly a single 900 Ace since then that doesn’t have 10k+ miles for sale. The one I bought, the guy had 50+ messages in less than 24 hrs and had a guy even offer to PayPal or Venmo him the payment sight unseen. Lucky to be the first one there and catch the listing 5 minutes after posted! So far she prefers the handling slightly more on her old 15 Indy 600 but very happy with the suspension and overall smoothness a 900 Ace has to offer. I absolutely love 20+ mpg at the pump on cheaper 87 fuel. We are currently averaging closer to 25 than 20, with 300 miles so far on her new ride. I hate to say it but you probably won’t find another low mile 900 Ace for sale this winter, especially without driving for it. My 2 cents.
You were very fortunate on that buy indy! No way around that fact! How did your "clutching" come out? Perhaps you need to try to add more spring in the front skid shock? Doo R-motion will react somewhat different there than do Poo's. Plus you have a 4 stroke up front with a 121 skid. Happy for ya, ride safe, and enjoy!

indy_500

Yo

You were very fortunate on that buy indy! No way around that fact! How did your "clutching" come out? Perhaps you need to try to add more spring in the front skid shock? Doo R-motion will react somewhat different there than do Poo's. Plus you have a 4 stroke up front with a 121 skid. Happy for ya, ride safe, and enjoy!
I think I have ski and track pressure dialed perfectly without having too soft or too harsh of a ride. I haven’t got to spend hardly any time on it but I think what is so different about it to her, is how reactive the handling is from rider input and trail conditions. To me, the bars seem narrower than they should be, might help being wider imo. Her Indy was more forgiving and the front end would sort of glide over rough trails without reacting to it as much. Part of that is probably the 4 stroke weight up front.

As far as clutching we are up a solid 500 rpm with the 1200 spring, she is super happy with the power now. There is probably still a little left on the table, but for $15 for the 1200 spring, we’re both happy!

old abe

I think I have ski and track pressure dialed perfectly without having too soft or too harsh of a ride. I haven’t got to spend hardly any time on it but I think what is so different about it to her, is how reactive the handling is from rider input and trail conditions. To me, the bars seem narrower than they should be, might help being wider imo. Her Indy was more forgiving and the front end would sort of glide over rough trails without reacting to it as much. Part of that is probably the 4 stroke weight up front.

As far as clutching we are up a solid 500 rpm with the 1200 spring, she is super happy with the power now. There is probably still a little left on the table, but for $15 for the 1200 spring, we’re both happy!
I take it you're up 500 rpm on top? Get the top up to 7600/7500 rpm will wake it up a bunch, and still be a easy ride!

billjd

I have to say, I prefer the XS chassis. The 900 ace is an incredible trail sled. In sport mode its a rocket to 65.. I can hit 90 on the dream meter most days completely stock (2017 TNT). I also have a 900T and a 600R and most of the time the 900 ace gets the call. The one thing I noticed on the XS chassis is you don't have to ride as far forward to get rail handling. For me the G4 & G5 are out.

old abe

I have to say, I prefer the XS chassis. The 900 ace is an incredible trail sled. In sport mode its a rocket to 65.. I can hit 90 on the dream meter most days completely stock (2017 TNT). I also have a 900T and a 600R and most of the time the 900 ace gets the call. The one thing I noticed on the XS chassis is you don't have to ride as far forward to get rail handling. For me the G4 & G5 are out.
I agree! The XS Blizzard was a real ride to have!