2022 sucks!

Hoosier

Is that a 900? I'm not a doo guy but I think that's the best engine for a family sled there is (and probably for a lot of other riders too). One of my relatives has one and it's great for the kids on the slower setting. My kids were on my 600 2 stroke last weekend and it's a bit nerve racking still at their age. Nice to be able to limit the power.

And I agree - getting a red one takes some of the weirdness out! I think I'm allergic to yellow...just a personal issue, but those are great sleds.

indy_500

Is that a 900? I'm not a doo guy but I think that's the best engine for a family sled there is (and probably for a lot of other riders too). One of my relatives has one and it's great for the kids on the slower setting. My kids were on my 600 2 stroke last weekend and it's a bit nerve racking still at their age. Nice to be able to limit the power.

And I agree - getting a red one takes some of the weirdness out! I think I'm allergic to yellow...just a personal issue, but those are great sleds.
Yep! Of the last 5 sleds I’ve owned I’ve had to rebuild 4 of them. 20+ mpg and not having to add $50/gal oil sounds intriguing. It’s for the old lady, and her thumb always hurts so the drive by wire electronic throttle was really attractive in my search for a sled. Was hoping for one a little newer but this one does only have 1000 miles on it so it should keep her happy for a long time.

fjr4me

My wife has had her 16' 900 Ace Blizzard since new. No issues and has been and will continue to be a great runner I'm sure.
I was not particularly impressed with the power, as a sled for myself and neither was she, but once I changed the clutching to a PB80 and got it dialed in with spring changes and proper RPM's, it's now a lot of fun to ride.

old abe

My wife has had her 16' 900 Ace Blizzard since new. No issues and has been and will continue to be a great runner I'm sure.
I was not particularly impressed with the power, as a sled for myself and neither was she, but once I changed the clutching to a PB80 and got it dialed in with spring changes and proper RPM's, it's now a lot of fun to ride.
You nailed it! With the clutching bringing it alive!

billjd

Great sled. Get some X package shocks on that thing and you'll be hooked. Also Bill Cudney can make that thing come alive!

Hoosier

Yep! Of the last 5 sleds I’ve owned I’ve had to rebuild 4 of them. 20+ mpg and not having to add $50/gal oil sounds intriguing. It’s for the old lady, and her thumb always hurts so the drive by wire electronic throttle was really attractive in my search for a sled. Was hoping for one a little newer but this one does only have 1000 miles on it so it should keep her happy for a long time.
Good point on the throttle. My 8 year old at the time, 2 years ago, was complaining about her thumb hurting on the 120, but we took the 900 out on the lake and she could work the throttle just fine (in the eco mode). She was (and still is) too small to really handle it but the throttle wasn't an issue. And the thing is so quiet we could have conversations just fine even with helmets on.

My 14 year old is a bigger kid and he has no trouble with it from age 12 on. My only concern is he'd figure out how to turn the slow switch off as they do have some power off the line in the higher modes.

russholio

If you plan on keeping it a while.....look into the greaseable control arm and skid bushings by Mainway Solutions. Great products, great customer service, and they will help increase the longevity of your suspension.

snoden

I'll second the bushing kits from Mainway, Val is a really good guy and makes top tier bushings. I have his stuff on my SRX procross chassis too.

favoritos

@mspease , I was thinking something along those lines too. ;)
Who knows, maybe with all the great advice, change the thread title too?
2022, Awesome!
Found a fantastic sled for the girlfriend. Smiles all around.