2022 sucks!

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Indy, if you ever want to change your Avatar, this would be an option....these are the graphics from a 1991 model.

Indy.jpg

indy_500

Well, rode 150 miles between yesterday and today! She doesn’t love it but doesn’t hate it. She thought the steering was too twitchy yesterday, so I adjusted the suspension a bit to get some pressure off the skis. She felt much more comfortable today with it, but it did still steer a little harder than she would prefer. She does feel like the rear end bounces around a lot through bump sections. I thought about shimming the skis as I see that’s a popular “mod” people do to this sled and this chassis. Power wise, she misses her 600 2s, but she kept it in standard mode, and from what I’ve read there’s a lot left on the table with clutching on these… I definitely enjoyed it when she pulled up to the gas pump and it used less than half of the gas my 600 did, and I didn’t have to fill it up with $50 oil between rides! Unsure what to do at this point, I feel like she is a lot more comfortable on a sled like her old one but the used market is terrible for those right now.

whitedust

Is what she calls a twitch really a dart? Plenty of cures for that. Sometimes you harden up rear and ride tightens up maybe bounce is full travel. Lots to figure out but seems doable.

snobuilder

All the Doo guys just went limp. The time I rode with a 900 doo I was on my '13 600 indy. The 900 was a phenominal rider and once the 900 was moving it was all I could do to stay with him. But line them up and the 900 was a slug. I can understand why she is missing her 600. 430# rocket.

old abe

Well, rode 150 miles between yesterday and today! She doesn’t love it but doesn’t hate it. She thought the steering was too twitchy yesterday, so I adjusted the suspension a bit to get some pressure off the skis. She felt much more comfortable today with it, but it did still steer a little harder than she would prefer. She does feel like the rear end bounces around a lot through bump sections. I thought about shimming the skis as I see that’s a popular “mod” people do to this sled and this chassis. Power wise, she misses her 600 2s, but she kept it in standard mode, and from what I’ve read there’s a lot left on the table with clutching on these… I definitely enjoyed it when she pulled up to the gas pump and it used less than half of the gas my 600 did, and I didn’t have to fill it up with $50 oil between rides! Unsure what to do at this point, I feel like she is a lot more comfortable on a sled like her old one but the used market is terrible for those right now.
Get it clutched indy! Then Sport mode will rock, and she'll change her tune fast. There is a multitude of Clutching set ups available for either the Edrive, or a PB-80. Depending on what MY it is. Her ride should be easy to get right in the sweet spot. R-Motion skid is unbeatable for rider comfort.

russholio

All the Doo guys just went limp. The time I rode with a 900 doo I was on my '13 600 indy. The 900 was a phenominal rider and once the 900 was moving it was all I could do to stay with him. But line them up and the 900 was a slug. I can understand why she is missing her 600. 430# rocket.
Not all of them.

dothedoo

I’m actually pretty stunned anyone, who isn’t a pro snow cross racer, wouldn’t love the 900 NA.

As Snoway pointed out, it won’t win a drag race with a 600 (as I’ve pointed out numerous times here), but I assure you, you won’t lose me on the trails when I’m on it.

If I had to bet the farm in a trail race, I’d consider it over the 900T.

snobuilder

I’m actually pretty stunned anyone, who isn’t a pro snow cross racer, wouldn’t love the 900 NA.

As Snoway pointed out, it won’t win a drag race with a 600 (as I’ve pointed out numerous times here), but I assure you, you won’t lose me on the trails when I’m on it.

If I had to bet the farm in a trail race, I’d consider it over the 900T.
Thought i might flush you out.
Still riding?

old abe

Perhaps you ride a 900 that has been properly clutched? With the 4-stroke pull, they're hard and fast out of the gate when clutched right.

xcsp

I had a '14 GSX900 and ran Bergstrom skegs, their ski saver & shims-steering wasn't heavy even with the 4s engine.

indy_500

I had a '14 GSX900 and ran Bergstrom skegs, their ski saver & shims-steering wasn't heavy even with the 4s engine.
Well, just added an outer 4” carbide to the skis, and shimmed them. Also have the springs dialed in perfect, took it for a spin and I think it’s great now! Now, just got to get the clutching dialed in. Ordered a 1200 spring from the doo dealer (110/190 spring instead of 110/155) to try to get the R’s up a little higher. Wanted to start with baby steps with the clutching before I waste too much money…

whitedust

Well, just added an outer 4” carbide to the skis, and shimmed them. Also have the springs dialed in perfect, took it for a spin and I think it’s great now! Now, just got to get the clutching dialed in. Ordered a 1200 spring from the doo dealer (110/190 spring instead of 110/155) to try to get the R’s up a little higher. Wanted to start with baby steps with the clutching before I waste too much money…
Hoped you would get her dialed in. Sounds like the perfect sled for your purpose with a wake up clutch.