2022 sucks!

longtrack

She didn't want to run it in sport. I very seldom put mine in Sport (to jumpy) and changing the Clutching will screw it up.

Then she will run it in eco all day. The 900 is Gas and go for 10,000 miles. You may want a new set of Plugs at 10,000.

Leave it alone, it has all the Power she will ever need or want. If you have to much Money and want to get rid of it just mess with Clutch.

old abe

She didn't want to run it in sport. I very seldom put mine in Sport (to jumpy) and changing the Clutching will screw it up.

Then she will run it in eco all day. The 900 is Gas and go for 10,000 miles. You may want a new set of Plugs at 10,000.

Leave it alone, it has all the Power she will ever need or want. If you have to much Money and want to get rid of it just mess with Clutch.
You're nuts? Clutching it the right way will difenately improve it all the way around! You don't have to raise the engagement RPM, as this is a 4 stroke. Just reduce the primary weights to get the top end RPM up towards 8K. No reduction of MPG's Many ways to do this.

indy_500

You're nuts? Clutching it the right way will difenately improve it all the way around! You don't have to raise the engagement RPM, as this is a 4 stroke. Just reduce the primary weights to get the top end RPM up towards 8K. No reduction of MPG's Many ways to do this.
Just finished up putting in a 110/190 spring, stock for a 1200. 900 ace comes with 100/155. The short pull I did in our minimal snow here had me up an additional 400 rpm.

old abe

Okay like I said, you need to raise your top end RPM. The engagement RPM is a non issue. This thing comes to life the closer you get the upper end RPM to 8,000. Most with the Doo E 2 drive clutch do this by taking a small amount of weight off the tip of the fly weights. Goodwin Performance has some good stuff also. I'm now using a PB-80, do to it being so easy to change the tuning, with a Dalton secondary spring. Good luck! Doo Talk 900 NA has some real good advice.

indy_500

Okay like I said, you need to raise your top end RPM. The engagement RPM is a non issue. This thing comes to life the closer you get the upper end RPM to 8,000. Most with the Doo E 2 drive clutch do this by taking a small amount of weight off the tip of the fly weights. Goodwin Performance has some good stuff also. I'm now using a PB-80, do to it being so easy to change the tuning, with a Dalton secondary spring. Good luck! Doo Talk 900 NA has some real good advice.
I’ve been doing tons of scouring on there! Sounds like the best setup is a primary and secondary spring change along with lightening up the weights. I didn’t want to get too crazy yet and thought I’d try a spring from a 1200 first, as it was only $15 from my Doo dealer, and seems to have done as I expected.

snobuilder

Real 4 strokes run 12,000 rpms.

In my best tiktok "Be a Man" voice........Be a man......take your new sled apart and fix everything the manufacturer messed up......Be a man.

old abe

I’ve been doing tons of scouring on there! Sounds like the best setup is a primary and secondary spring change along with lightening up the weights. I didn’t want to get too crazy yet and thought I’d try a spring from a 1200 first, as it was only $15 from my Doo dealer, and seems to have done as I expected.
Sounds as you going in the direction you need, 7,500 to 8,000 top rpm. bar549 on Doo Talk has a excellent, easily explained build on the Edrive-2 Doo clutch, and secondary, and not costly! Good luck indy, you'll get it there!

indy_500

Well guys the 900 ace was short lived. She tapped a frozen plowed field dirt chunk in December, which dented the front of the bulkhead in front of the s module, and cracked the belly pan. I put a skid plate on it to cover it up and get through the year. Then… as some of you may know she took it for a spin on glare ice and it ended upside down in some bushes. Couple bumps and bruises, not bad overall, but the damage from that in combination with the bulkhead damage, put the repair bill pretty high. Insurance totalled it out on us. Took a $400 loss from what I paid last year, and put 1700 miles on it. Pretty cheap rental if you ask me. Just drove down to Madison tonight and picked up this to replace it, for $400 more than the insurance check. 2400 miles, back to a 2s, will find out how she likes it. I scour the internet daily for sleds whether I need one or not, and this is about the cheapest low mile gen 4 I’ve seen. And, can’t touch a low mile 900 ace gen 4 in this price range. Going to give it a test run in St Germain this weekend! 586B8495-8CAD-4DBC-9A7B-270EB342EE28.jpeg 7D61F9AC-DA0E-4ED9-A0B2-41A0B5C554CF.jpeg

indy_500

Nice. Be interested to hear how she likes it compared to the 4 stroke 900.

You are an all out doo guy now, huh?
Will do!

Believe me, we both wanted another 900 ace, but as most of you know, they’re VERY hard to find. I know it’s end of season and we could’ve likely waited until we found one, or ordered a 24, which we contemplated, but this one was just too cost effective for us to pass up. Would’ve spent another ~$3000 to find a low mile used gen 4 900 or ~$5-6000 to go new. If she ends up not liking it and wants to go back, shouldn’t be a problem getting what I have into this one back out.