2023 Yamaha Snowmobiles?

dfattack

I'm not trying to be a smarty pants (we aren't in the barstool) but aren't they really just an engine supplier now? Don't get me wrong. I bought over 15 Yamaha sleds in 20 years and would probably still be with them if they weren't cats with yammie engines (not slamming cats). They weren't perfect but I loved how they looked, reliability, fit & finish and the dealers I used over the years were great to work with.

I know I know...but the 15 versions of the sidewinder. Still it's a Cat with a Yamaha engine right? What else do they have?

Not trying to be a turd but if cat announces what they have won't it be the same thing with different graphics?

Last edited:

old abe

I'm not trying to be a smarty pants (we aren't in the barstool) but aren't they really just an engine supplier now? Don't get me wrong. I bought over 15 Yamaha sleds in 20 years and would probably still be with them if they weren't cats with yammie engines (not slamming cats). They weren't perfect but I loved how they looked, reliability, fit & finish and the dealers I used over the years were great to work with.

I know I know...but the 15 versions of the sidewinder. Still it's a Cat with a Yamaha engine right? What else do they have?

Not trying to be a turd but if cat announces what they have won't it be the same thing with different graphics?
Pretty good guess I say. If something was really special was happening, there would be all kinds of rumors, and BS out there. But nothing.

G

G

There are rumors of a new chassis. But there are always rumors. If they make a prettier Thundercat than the 2022 one maybe I will order one. The 2022 was an ugly turd. Not that anybody got one in time for the season anyway.

old abe

There are rumors of a new chassis. But there are always rumors. If they make a prettier Thundercat than the 2022 one maybe I will order one. The 2022 was an ugly turd. Not that anybody got one in time for the season anyway.
Yeah well AC way over due for new chassis. And Yamaha new chassis rumors are 10 years old and over, already, eh.

ICT Sledder

There's nothing big happening this year for either Yamaha or Cat. In the last couple of days there have been leaks on Facebook showing the 2023 Cat media stuff. BNG, pretty much. Just a handful of models to choose from on their end at least. Very simplistic line up. A 9000 Riot is probably the "big" news in the trail and cross-over stuff.

In Cat and Yamaha's defense, this would be a real bad year to roll out a new platform with all the supply issues. Wouldn't at all be surprised that they could have put a new platform out for 2023, but purposely chose to back-burner it for one more year.

attakman

I heard new viper with eps...otherwise BNGs...Cat has new 900 (Firecat 900 is rumored)...wether or not any of it gets released who knows?

lofsfire

I heard new viper with eps...otherwise BNGs...Cat has new 900 (Firecat 900 is rumored)...wether or not any of it gets released who knows?
Is it a two-stroke 3 cylinder 900?

There was a Yamaha teaser video the other day and the graphics said three cylinder on the side. Just thought that was an odd graphic that I have on the sled and to pan by it with the camera and a teaser video.

The chassis did look the same from the sniplet that you got to see...

I personally have no problem with the four strokes I love my 2015 and the chassis!
I do like the refinement on the new body styles though better than mine. Especially the way they come apart.

attakman

Is it a two-stroke 3 cylinder 900?

There was a Yamaha teaser video the other day and the graphics said three cylinder on the side. Just thought that was an odd graphic that I have on the sled and to pan by it with the camera and a teaser video.

The chassis did look the same from the sniplet that you got to see...

I personally have no problem with the four strokes I love my 2015 and the chassis!
I do like the refinement on the new body styles though better than mine. Especially the way they come apart.
NO...the viper motor is a 1050 "triple" four stroke....I highly doubt you will ever see another triple two stroke....and cat did not release the new 900..so I'm guess next year before anything earth shattering from either cat or yamaha...both have been very tight lipped and honestly are being left in the dust by Polaris and DOO...with their now 11 year old chassis, and under powered 800 cc two stroke....the only thing they have going for them is EPS, and the sidewinder -Tcat turbo...it's sad to watch such little effort being applied to the snowmobile divisions in both companies.

Hoosier

Definitely not defending their lack of effort the past several (or more) years, but there's not much reason to do anything new for 2023. They'll still sell anything they can make and at a good price.

whitedust

Definitely not defending their lack of effort the past several (or more) years, but there's not much reason to do anything new for 2023. They'll still sell anything they can make and at a good price.
I hear ya but is the unit build smaller each year ? Best 4s are with doo right now with poo dabbling. Cat has the tcat that’s it for 4s the rest 2s. Yamaha has SW variations and the Viper. Just eps added last year. Eps is a big deal but the rest of the sled is old old.

attakman

True...but neither Polaris or Doo stood still..they brought new models to give their loyal customer's something to be excited about...the unfortunate thing is we are completely sold out (can't get anymore for next year), and it's not even the end of march, and we are done..if we could have gotten twice as many sleds...we would have sold them ALL...no lie....the market is that hot...I get why cat and yamaha are being cautious (with the supply chain issues still on going)...but on the other hand...you only have a HOT market like this for so long...it's gonna fizzle out eventually....hopefully for cat and yamaha fans they don't wait too long...but already Doo has had three new chassis (XS, Gen 4, and now Gen 5)...in the same time that cat has run the same old same old..they could easily increase market share by adding the yamaha NA 988 motor to a new chassis, and go toe to toe with ski-doos 900 ACE....and the 800 two stroke...while it might be somewhat competitive with the 850s...it's a perception issue...a new 850-900, would create some excitement..(thus sales).I could go on and on......and in the off road utv/atv market...Cat and Yamaha are WAY behind....ZERO cab models, no heat, no AC, to stock turbo model....very limited accessories (compared to polaris, and can am, in fact not even close to what they offer)..I mean their effort there is also embarassing.

dfattack

True...but neither Polaris or Doo stood still..they brought new models to give their loyal customer's something to be excited about...the unfortunate thing is we are completely sold out (can't get anymore for next year), and it's not even the end of march, and we are done..if we could have gotten twice as many sleds...we would have sold them ALL...no lie....the market is that hot...I get why cat and yamaha are being cautious (with the supply chain issues still on going)...but on the other hand...you only have a HOT market like this for so long...it's gonna fizzle out eventually....hopefully for cat and yamaha fans they don't wait too long...but already Doo has had three new chassis (XS, Gen 4, and now Gen 5)...in the same time that cat has run the same old same old..they could easily increase market share by adding the yamaha NA 988 motor to a new chassis, and go toe to toe with ski-doos 900 ACE....and the 800 two stroke...while it might be somewhat competitive with the 850s...it's a perception issue...a new 850-900, would create some excitement..(thus sales).I could go on and on......and in the off road utv/atv market...Cat and Yamaha are WAY behind....ZERO cab models, no heat, no AC, to stock turbo model....very limited accessories (compared to polaris, and can am, in fact not even close to what they offer)..I mean their effort there is also embarassing.
Well said.

That's why I have moved from being a lifetime Yamaha guy (sleds, wave runners, ATV's and side by sides) since the early 80's to 100% BRP for purchases going forward. Great choices models and accessories. Really like dealing my local dealer too.

Jaydoo

Well said.

That's why I have moved from being a lifetime Yamaha guy (sleds, wave runners, ATV's and side by sides) since the early 80's to 100% BRP for purchases going forward. Great choices models and accessories. Really like dealing my local dealer too.
DF is your local dealer UP Cycle & Sport. Dave is absolutely awesome.