2nd March ride based from Krupp's

S

skylar

A last minute decision by my brother and I resulted in another ride up in da yoop. It also helped that my wife and daughter were flying out Friday on their week long vacation in Florida. Nothing else to do, might as well go sledding right? LOL.

I guess we have to start with a first pic, so here it is

76483.jpg

My brother had the first stuck of the weekend. Every time that cat gets within a couple of feet of a tree, it wants to climb it. Weird.

76484.jpg

I rode Kim's sled up and out of the stuck,and he walked down the hill, well, he figured it would be easier just to do a somersault, so he did, then he got stuck in the snow. LOL. Here he is after he got himself out.

76485.jpg

A little scenery

Ohh yeeaa, untouched.

76486.jpg

Umm, little technical difficulty here, ahh, the sun was in my eyes?

76487.jpg

This stump was at a perfect angle, and with enough snow, made a great jump.

76488.jpg

Me jumping

76489.jpg

Kim hitting it

76490.jpg

Here I am jumping a berm

76491.jpg

Kimmy stuck

76492.jpg

Saturday was bright and sunny. We started the day out with a quick jaunt down the Nichols trail, which was peeerfect, as it has been every time we have been up this year. Big thanks to the Superior Snowmobile club, and all their volunteer groomer drivers. We jumped off the trail, did a little climbing through the trees and up the hills, until we found this. SAWEET!

76493.jpg

Kim and the sleds

76494.jpg

Here I am with the first stuck of the day. Turns out this was a solid rock outcropping with about 18" of snow on it. It was a treat getting out.

76495.jpg

My tracks coming up

76496.jpg

Powerline run, Lake Superior in the background.

76497.jpg

Jumped on trail 13 by the Kangas farm to head back to Twin Lakes for more gas, perfecto!

76498.jpg

A little break before we jump on the trail

76499.jpg

A little more jumping

76500.jpg

Kim, going bigger than me

76501.jpg

This mound looks like

76502.jpg

A great launch pad!

76503.jpg

Kim, c'mon, step it up!

76504.jpg

O.K., that is better.
happy.gif

76505.jpg

Wow, more untouched, we left this one alone though.

76506.jpg

Another great ride, don't know if we will get another one in or not. That will be up to my wife I guess.
happy.gif

We missed Julie and gang, and we missed Scottiking and his team by about a half an hour.
sad.gif
You don't see too many people when your in da woods all day.LOL.

jake

Skylar:

Awesome pictures as usual.

Email me if you happen to decide to go up (spur of the moment) the weekend of April 5th. C'mon, you know you want to!! I'll be up there with a couple friends and hope to go riding with you and your bro.

Jake.

cletus22

thanks for making those of us that can't go with you feel like crap skylar.JK as always amazing pics. hookone1273 hes from Oxford,Wi.

dhealy8

Awesome pics Skylar!! we stayed in the trailer just up from you guys at Krupps that week, wanted to stop over and meet you, but got back too late every night. Hope you get up again and post more great pics!

B

brad_2001

Great Pics Skylar, glad to see you can still launch when you have to.HAHAHA

Bradzoooooooo

scottiking

Nice pics!
Ya must a been out to breakfast eh?
I'll prob post pics tonight myself!
I think I saw Jul's truck parked in a park and ride across from the trailcam!
My sled ran great and had a blast even though the off trail snow was a bit too settled!
Scottiking OUT

S

skylar

Scottiking, no, we were up at M@M Motorsports, and when we got back Richard told me you guys stopped in. So we got ready to ride, and headed over to the Parkview to see if you guys were still there, but you were already gone. We then headed down to the play area to see if you guys were down there, you weren't, so then we just rode. Stopped at the Mosquito later that day hoping to see you there, but, nope. You guys were probably working your way toward the Ramada and karokee?

Bradzooo, still like jumping, just have to make sure I am not going to get hurt. Err, I mean the sled doesn't get hurt. LOL.

mrsjac95

Scotti and Skylar - YEP, we were parked across from the Trail Cam. We rode down to the BP filled up and then had lunch at Parkview. We went to Krupps and played in the field for a bit. Then headed down to the bridges and took some pictures. Headed back up to the truck after that. On our way back from the bridges we found a really nice field to play in and played their for about an hour or so.

REV IT UPx3!

Jul

scottiking

we were heading twards houghton,backwoods until we got too far west and hit the lake!
Found a great play area tho!

we never went south from twin lakes all weekend!
Scottiking OUT
Oh Friday night was Kareoke! yes I was there for it! lol

S

sled_solutions

Skylar,

You already know what I'm going to say so I won't!

Nice pics......

Paul

doospunk

As always, great pics Skylar! Can't wait to get back in the saddle again next season. Looks like riding will run into April this year. Just think what those woods would be like with another storm like last April!