3-9-15 Tomahawk Trails...the fat lady....

Attak man

has sung......I have no official word on what trails are closed...or what are still open....I can tell you I rode yesterday...and found some good, some bad, and some ugly....the hiawatha is toast...down to the gravel...it was real thin in spots yesterday, and getting very soft...the lake ice is still good....might be a bit slushy the next few days..but ride able if you want t spin around....as for me...my sled is parked until next year. We still have some snow..but it's going quickly...it was 48 with direct sunshine today, and expecting 50's tomorrow and wednesday....unless we get cold and alot of snow...I can not say to ride here (or anywhere south of hwy 70 in the northwoods). Mother nature didn't cooperate this year....it actually was amazing the trails held out as long as they did (thanks to the area clubs)..we only had one major snowfall (5 inches the first weekend of january)...otherwise it was a dusting to 2 inches the rest of the winter....it's kinda disappointing to see the season end before st patricks day. Oh well..I have a newer, more reliable snowmobile, and hope to be out more next winter, and give more reports (if mother nature cooperates)....so until then....have a great spring/summer/fall...I will see you when the snow flies!! Time for me to start getting the motorcycle ready ;)

timo

yes it was amazing how well the trails held up for what little snow fell.
guess that's what consistent cold and grooming will do.
i'd be curious to know what the yearly snow totals were for some of the counties in northern wis. i would think it'd have to be one of the least snowiest years in the last 20.

momoney2123

I was up this past weekend for the final ride, started getting bad sunday, but still some good stuff to be had, mainly north and west. I suspect now, its all but done. As mentioned the area did an excellent job with limited snow. Until next year!!

Swampy

I saw the "Fat Lady" today!! I was out with the brushawg today and saw her wearing a grass skirt and swimming in a mud puddle.

Been out for the last couple days driving the tractor on snow. Came back today driving on bumpy grass!! This is the only time we have to get out and brush the swamps while they are still frozen. Actually had to run the air conditioner!! Wow that sun's Hot.