3 new poo's

fredster

I like the 600 Switchback Adventure too....but just wish it had the DI motor. Still, I could be talked into buying one especially at year-end prices about 1 year from now. Nice to see the deeper-lugged track on it. Wonder if the Rush LX carries over unchanged.....

Polarice

I was just looking at the overall length of the Adventure compared to my 2010 Shift 600. It is the same exact length. That will be a nice fit into my trailer! They must've really shortened up the original Rush chassis.

Hoosier

I was expecting something new about the engines also. I thought 2012 was the big year for the EPA.

Nice they were able to extend the rush suspension, but other than that, looks like just some new accessories.

FZ1

I was expecting something new about the engines also. I thought 2012 was the big year for the EPA.

Nice they were able to extend the rush suspension, but other than that, looks like just some new accessories.

2012 is the big year for EPA. But they'll build 2012 engines during 2011. They can't manufacture anymore none compliant engines starting Jan 1, 2012 (they can still sell them in 2012 since they were built in 2011).

big_motor_guy

what is everyone's reason for wanting a DI motor now, if you do by a doo, polaris has had alot of issues with any new motor released in the last 6 years, why is everyone so confident it them all of the sudden? Or are you all just poo diehards?

Polarice

what is everyone's reason for wanting a DI motor now, if you do by a doo, polaris has had alot of issues with any new motor released in the last 6 years, why is everyone so confident it them all of the sudden? Or are you all just poo diehards?

I believe that the secret is that poo works hand in hand with Mercury. Therefore, behind the scenes they are (or have already) created a 2 cylinder DI motor for sleds. Mercury has had a successful boat motor for several years. Just shrinking it down is the issue, therefore keeping cost down presently.

I am at a loss to know what the best business decision is for poo. Release a DI motor now, or wait until they have to? Are they losing business because of it? I doubt it. But then again; I love the smell of 2 stroke in the morning :)

Willis

Banned
I believe that the secret is that poo works hand in hand with Mercury. Therefore, behind the scenes they are (or have already) created a 2 cylinder DI motor for sleds. Mercury has had a successful boat motor for several years. Just shrinking it down is the issue, therefore keeping cost down presently.

I am at a loss to know what the best business decision is for poo. Release a DI motor now, or wait until they have to? Are they losing business because of it? I doubt it. But then again; I love the smell of 2 stroke in the morning :)

I thought ski-doo works with mercury?

scottd

Little bit of a thread jack and I too am excited about DI motors and doubt I'll buy another sled that isn't DI. That said I drove an 800 ETEC Backcountry X this weekend (actually I'll skip that part), I followed one that I rode with for several hours and there is no question you are still following a 2 stroke. It had 7xx miles and had been through 2 gallons of oil. Fuel economy also wasn't anything super great. All that said the motor felt great, was smooth and I really liked it but for smell, oil and gas usage it certainly didn't live up to the hype for me anyways.