3 Old Guys Ride to Alaska

bearrassler

I was going to post this but didn't, I am glad you posted it snowdance, all three of them have ties to Arctic Cat with close relatives all being in management in the days before Textron. It sounds like a lot of fun with the exception of sleeping in an Outfitter tent along the way. I am planning on following the trip on their facebook page, also Brad Dokken that has wrote the stories for our paper is someone I know well and he will keep updating the trip for the Grand Forks Herald also.

xcr440

I saw where they were gassing up in Baudette (gas station with the big fish in the background) rode across Lake of the Woods and crossed into Canada at Angle Inlet - just surprised they didn’t get a pic in front of the big marker there as part of the trip.
This was from last year…

Attachments

• D616F00E-E4BA-435B-A525-75DF0E58F9C4.jpeg
    D616F00E-E4BA-435B-A525-75DF0E58F9C4.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 45

snomoman

Looks like quite the adventure, I sure hope those trailers hold up for 4000 miles, they look like they might wear out

rp7x

big sleds with trail lugs , not sure how much pulling and digging they have left in them

garageguy

I'm sure their route was well planned. If Artic Cat had anything to do with it, I wouldn't be surprised if their tent was prepped for them and gas stashed along the way.

snomoman

I'm sure their route was well planned. If Artic Cat had anything to do with it, I wouldn't be surprised if their tent was prepped for them and gas stashed along the way.
Along with some “kitty Kats” to rub their poor tired muscles and tuck them em in

garageguy

Wouldn't an open sled like that, towed behind a snowmobile, be caked full of 100's of pounds of frozen snow and slush in like 50 miles

yamadooed

To me these type of trips are essentially just a boring news story with snowmobiles as subject matter. Now if it were 3 guys running a Cannonball style race to Alaska I'd be a bit more interested. But otherwise I'll take a soft pass.... But hey now if they have any random moose attacks or run ins with a hostile polar bear clans I may change my status.

uncle_ed

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted here that I can see. Pretty impressive. Their ages range from 66-72. They'll travel 4500 miles in 22 days. Kudos to them and safe travels.

3 Old Guys Ride to Alaska
Surprised because there is a bunch of old farts on here? lol
I see the sense of adventure in this especially at their age. Very cool.....
Just different than lets see how fast and how many miles can I click off today.

skiroule

I would love to make a trip like this, it’s like a backpacking trip on steroids. I know for a fact though, at 74, I wouldn’t even begin to have the stamina and strength to average a couple of hundred miles a day over every flavor of terrain and conditions for three weeks straight. Which is why I think their ages are a factor that makes this trip a more impressive effort.

It sounds like they are not strangers to this type of trip so I suspect they will be successful.

mezz

Wouldn't an open sled like that, towed behind a snowmobile, be caked full of 100's of pounds of frozen snow and slush in like 50 miles
I guess thats why their tow sleds are loaded with their plastic cans & containers & not their gear which is packed on the back rack of their sleds. I wouldn't have it in me to make a haul like that. You gotta love their enthusiasm as well as thier willingness to take on an adventure like that. Cudos & safe travels. I hope the weather holds out for them & they can make it there safely.