5th snowmobile manufacturer....not who your thinking

L

lenny

yuk! I mean they serve a purpose but not what I expected to see in comparison to the big 4. Still very interesting to see someone doing something, thanks for the link!

fatdaddy

Your looking at this all wrong, just think if 1 out of 10 people had one the trails would be awesome every time you ride. I think every bar should buy one and when people stop in they take the sled to the next location and ride someone elses back.

frnash

From the Alpina web site:
"Alpina Sherpa is the world's only utility snowmobile equipped with an advanced and quite [sic] engine engineered with multiport EFI, a catalytic converter and dual oxygen probes. …"
Quite? Quite what, heavy? (English is a dying language!)

converter and dual oxygen probes.

mjkaliszak

Get em Nash...
I thought the sled was cool. Man on man, if I had a lot of property( and snow ) and needed a workhorse, that would be it.
You could patrol the UP and tow broke down sleds or mount a winch and yank the stuck ones out of the ravines...
Looked like a cross between a hummer and a yamaha.

ezra

well I was a bit concerned about the weight but then I saw the 2 smoke option and felt much better about the feather weight 948lbs 65hp fan MK2

alwaysright

well I was a bit concerned about the weight but then I saw the 2 smoke option and felt much better about the feather weight 948lbs 65hp fan MK2

Power to weight
115 hp / 1300 lbs = .08846
65 hp / 948 = .06856

4 stroke has better power to weight? Might be an industry first.

ezra

That's a rather ignorant statement....we're all in this together. You stay on the trails, and the rest of us will stay in the trees. Savvy?

he is [Vector]dude in other words old over the hill and bitter he can no longer ride with the under 55 crew.
keep your 3/4 ton to packing a base on the grade