Almost 50 Snowmobile Citations Given During Derby Weekend

timmay75

It seems that everyone is on one end or the other....no one is in the middle. I don't like extra laws, but on the other hand, we have WAY too many people that can not take responsibility for their own actions in these times. It's antisocial behavior. This is getting worse, as the youngest generation can only communicate with each other by text messages. How are they ever going to get through a job interview in the future? Many of you seem to have the mentality that you can still do whatever you want because "this is America." What you are forgetting when attributing this to snowmobiling is that it is a privilege, not a right. I have seen more tracks going off the trail this year where there are signs stating "stay on trail" than ever before. I don't want to lose trails because of idiots that can't read signs but think that they have the right to be there because they are an American. I love snowmobiling, and I want to be able to make it back safely to ride again the next day. This means that there are going to be some laws involved. The 55 mph at night law is a good example. Personally, I think that 55 mph during the day is pretty fast. On the tight, twisty trails that I ride, that is a rare opportunity anyway. You can't really enjoy the scenery traveling that fast. I'm sure many of you are against this law, but you can't just drive your car or truck as fast as you want on roads and highways. From what I have read on this thread, people have been checked (after committing a violation) while snowmobiling for the same types of things they would be checked for in their vehicles. So why are some of you making such a stink about it? It's still about public safety. I feel that people are actually getting away with more on snowmobiles than they would be in cars on roads, such as speeding, reckless riding, drunk riding, etc. because of the lack of patrols.

dafuzz

I also thought there were no politics allowed, where's the mods when you need them.

Everybody has an opinion about matters like this, and no one here is making a valid point while using the actual information regarding the subject at hand. Which of the members commenting on this thread were actually there, did you get stopped, what agency stopped you, what did you get stopped for, were you warned or cited, and if cited, did the citation stand up in court. Everybody needs to step back and quit jumping to conclusions before all the info is on the table.

fireman35

Wow any feelings hurt here,this is why congress gets nothing done cause neither side sees the other view at all, some good points on both. glad this debate wasn't put on paper it would have as many pages as the obama care bill haha

P

PANKRATZ

Wow any feelings hurt here,this is why congress gets nothing done cause neither side sees the other view at all, some good points on both. glad this debate wasn't put on paper it would have as many pages as the obama care bill haha

Hey,Hey,No Politics!!!!!!!!! Just kidding.Everybody had some really valid points.All the folks that had comments here are good people but what we should do is get everybody who commented together for a weekend in the U.P. It would be a blast at night after a long day on the rails and we could call it our first annual (fifty citation club ride)Who wants in????