Alumna trailers. Good? Bad?

zimmbob

I have an Aluma 22' 4 place trailer. I like it a lot. Dual axels. Lights are done well. Did have a problem with the tie-down nuts loosening up, and had to replace a few of them (they would spin). But it pulls nice. The axels could be just a little more forward to reduce the tounge weight, but otherwise it's great.

maxwell

I have a 2 place tilt aluma.

other then the wiring that had a rub through issue where it enter the trailer, I am happy with it.

elf

I've got a 14' 3 place from them and have had it for about 10 yrs now. Haven't had any problems with it. Like Zimmbob said, I did have the tie down nuts spin after about 5 years but I called them and they sent me some replacements for free. Still on original tires and bearings even.

eao

I have had 4'x8 atv trailer with ramp for 9 yrs, been sitting outside all the time. Never had any problems. Very well built..

snoeatr

Have a 2 place tilt aluma and it has been problem free so far. Bought it new in 06. Well built in my opinion.

ezra

I also had a 3 place 14ft Aluma twin Axel sold 3or4 yrs ago very solid trailer.what do you guys mean they would spin?my trailer had square blocks about 1.5in buy 3/4 thick with a 5/8 round post that went in to alloy channel and through a hole in Chanel held in with a c clip on top of trailer. I don't know how the block would spin.maybe they changed design.I do know all this because I had a c clip break or something and had to buy a new threaded block and c clip. well actually 3 so I could have 2 spars in trailer wiring tool box.I sold that trailer for 50 bucks more than I bought it for new 3 years earler not to shabby

zimmbob

ezra, the way that many of the trailers were set up, was with a compression fitting for the tie down nut. So the sleeve was pressed together and that held it in place. The replacement parts are the blocks you are talking about, with the C clips. So, over time, the vibration and wear just lossen up the sleeves and they begin to spin in place. The only thing I don't like about the block and C clip, is that if that C clip breaks, you'll lose the block. And, they sit up off the deck a little, so if you are shoveling snow off, you catch them with the edge. But that's not a reason to avoid the trailers.

getsome

Have a 12ft single axle drive off and love it. looks to be well built. better than my POS R&R. Pulls like a dream. Don't like the snow drift comes under the cover and inside the front tie down tracks. no biggy.

elf

Zimmbob, that is exactly what happened to me. Called them up and they sent me 4 of the blocks free of charge.

Other than that it has been an excellent trailer.