An Antique Farmall

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
At the risk of stealing Skiroule's Thunder, I thought we could shake things up in the off-season with some Antique Tractor pics. As a kid growing up on a Wisconsin farm, I think Dad had me driving one of the small ones by the time I was 5 or 6. We had some Fords and Farmalls, but I've never seen this model.

Farmall.jpg
A 1948 Farmall Super A/C Christmas Tree Sprayer - one of only seven built, of which two are known to still exist today. It was probably very modern in it's day. Completely restored in Kentucky.

I know we have some collectors on here so if you have a picture, now would be the time to show your stuff.

🚜

BigSix

Mine is a 1953 IH FARMALL Super H. Purchased in Appleton, WI at a yard sale about 10 years ago. My grandfather had purchased a new IH FARMALL H in about 1946 for his farm just west of Sturgeon Bay.

IMG_5193.JPG

pclark

Those are the best tractors, I used my buddies yo do the finish landscaping on my last property. Great little machine.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
The thing that strikes me is that these are 60 and 70 years old and they're still running. Built to last. Whereby, now a stove or dishwasher will last 10 to 15 and then is thrown away. My last furnace only lasted 15 years as they stopped making parts for it.

skiroule

The thing that strikes me is that these are 60 and 70 years old and they're still running. Built to last. Whereby, now a stove or dishwasher will last 10 to 15 and then is thrown away. My last furnace only lasted 15 years as they stopped making parts for it.
So true. I know several people in the area that are still using their Farmall F12’s and F14’s around the farm. Some still have steel wheels. At some point, my dad dropped a flat head Ford V8 truck motor in a F14 chassis. Sounded great, we used it for years.

mezz

That one is a beaut! My Uncle had one just like it which is now in my cousins possession. Tough machine that was made to last generations. Quality was important & is now a lost commodity. Fond memories of riding on that tractor as a kid during hay making & retrieving calves born out in the back forty pasture before the coyotes could get to them.