Another hair brain idea (comments welcome)

13below0

OK so I wasnt sure If I wanted to polish the tunnel or try a black wrap, so I decided to try something totally different. I havent seen any other sled with a engine turned tunnel so I thought what the **** and gave it shoot. What do you think? Also added a few other custom touches.
022-3.jpg

015-2.jpg

018-5.jpg

021-3.jpg

6mile

I like the look a lot. I would only be concerned with how it would retain snow and ice and dirt as there is more of a surface for those thing to hold on to. Still a very nice look and nothing that pressure washer can't clean...

rmk4ever

looks tuff! I've seen em in diamond plate, & polished, but that is a work of art. Although it looks like a lot of work & planning went into that, I wonder what is the "tool" that does this sort of thing? Not looking to copy just wondering. If you can't ride em POLISH EM!

13below0

Yes most kits use a wooden dowel. I used a light rol lock wheel with plenty of wd-40. The marks are really not that deep, I could wet sand it and Polish it if I want to go that route.

willey

Looks good! I used to use that technique when building fire trucks. We would use it inside compartments and on smooth aluminum and stainless. We just use a DA type sander with a 220 grit paper I think. 4" swirls but the smaller ones look good too!

scott_l

what is "engine turned tunnel"? How did you do it, about how long did it take you?

Looks really, nice.........wish mine where not black.

13below0

what is "engine turned tunnel"? How did you do it, about how long did it take you?

Looks really, nice.........wish mine where not black.
Engine turning is the name/process that makes the swirls/ I did it all free hand, if you wanted to do a real good job you would make a grid with pencil or something to lightly mark it and make all the lines perfectly straight. I got about 1.5-2 hours into it.