Another Helmet Question

whitedust

I just bought the O2 SE $496 on sale. I wouldn’t even consider as a lid at $600 to $800 msrp wouldn’t even look at it. Put my efforts into Exome and Mission helmets. Prices on all gear came tumbling down in the last week or so especially the O2 helmet and I know five riders that just bought O2 helmets. As an old marketing guy my questions are was BRP O2 asking price too much varied from $650 to $850? What do you think is a fair price for the O2?

Second question is how much do you think it costs for BRP to mass produce O2 helmets considering R&D costs DOT requirements and everything else to manufacture the helmets? Not to over simplify the manufacturing process but what I’m seeing is helmet molds different sizes and colors, internal padding , a chin buckle , small rear light, controller with wires and some removable ear muffs.

Lots of intelligent manufacturing and marketing members here so let’s here your opinions.

heckler56

I bought mine last year at last year’s prices out of necessity. Took a tumble and needed a replacement. At today’s price I absolutely would replace it. The Mod 2 was my first love and the Mod 3 not so much. I am snot rag free now!

Only have two shell sizes and making removal padding to “size” you has to be a manufacturing cost savings.

goofy600

I can’t even imagine the actual markup but it’s has to be well over 100% I would think. Just look at Tesla has done with his car prices, huge price cuts and I’m sure they are still making a good profit.

indy_500

Read on Doo talk there is a new brp helmet coming called the advent to compete with the mission, which is why the oxygen helmets are currently on sale at all Doo dealers since Feb 1

chunk06

They are definitely a overpriced POS for what they cost, but they work damn well! We rode Thursday and Friday all day, I would have been miserable in any of my previous helmets. Some insane mark up and profit margins on Gear and accessories . I remember trying to get the OEM Cigarette lighter plug for a Polaris a few years back, I think the price was around $65, the parts guy was even embarrassed telling me the price. Needless to say I left it there and made my own

whitedust

Read on Doo talk there is a new brp helmet coming called the advent to compete with the mission, which is why the oxygen helmets are currently on sale at all Doo dealers since Feb 1
Jmo but Doo needs to round out the helmet lineup if the BVS2 and Mod 3s are indeed discontinued. Exome makes sense to replace the Mod 3 and BVS2 but nothing in the middle with O2 at top. So Advent should fit well in midrange if that’s the plan. The point I was trying to make was $600 to $800 is mucho bucks for the average rider to drop on a helmet even during high inflationary times. Any product no matter how good has its price limits and I think BRP made that mistake. The O2 priced right is flying off the shelves now even with little season left. As someone else said the early mods and original mods were overall better helmets than version 1,2 and 3. Imo BRP value engineered Mod limited the field of vision lost the style they had in the original mod but overall a very very popular helmet.