ANY update on the Mosquito??

attakman

I thought I saw something here recently, but can't find it....Anybody know who the new owners are??

mezz

I could not find anything other than it looked like there was an accepted offer in Mid-October with anticipation of being open by the start of the snowmobile season, however, it looks like that did not happen afterall. I cannot confirm this for a fact as this was a post that I was able to find after searching Mosquito Inn Toivola & looking at a message posted by the person that has been handling the website for the previous owners / sellers,

indy_500

There is an accepted offer, I don’t believe the deal has closed yet, but they’re awaiting the liquor license. To open

chunk06

There is a new Facebook page under their new name where they update often. They said former owner Shelie will be managing it. Owners were also looking for a place to rent in the area with no luck.

goofy600

Just hope and pray that the lovely state of Michigan can get them the liquor license in a reasonable time, they have been known for not moving very fast on these things.

euphoric1

Living the dream! congrats to the new owners, not too hard to image falling in love with the U.P. I admit I am jealous of them, look forward to stopping in and nice to see a U.P. mainstay will continue to live on!!

chunk06

Seemed like a decent price if someone wanted to move up there and make a go of it. My wife and I joked about it when it came up for sale. I could not imagine dealing with the general public in a business like a bar or restaurant with the way people act, you need thick skin for sure. Then add employees into the mix...I wish them luck and hope they succeed, I hate seeing places like that closed.

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Interesting, the Mosquito Bar and Grill facebook page is history, and the new web page is history also. 🤷‍♂️

chunk06

Any updates ?????????
she posts almost daily on FB, mostly meme type posts. Their last serious post was on the 21st and they said they are still working with the bank and waiting on the state Liquor license. At least they are not losing out on too much business with the lack of snow...

goofy600

she posts almost daily on FB, mostly meme type posts. Their last serious post was on the 21st and they said they are still working with the bank and waiting on the state Liquor license. At least they are not losing out on too much business with the lack of snow...
And welcome to the state of Michigan and there lack of trying to promote businesses. They are not easy to work with when it comes to liquor licensing.

hermie

They are saying on the Keweenaw trail report that it up for auction. When we were up there last week we had heard there was a buyer,I guess that was wrong.

old abe

My wife Kathe had seen something, I'm guessing on bookface, about Foreclosure taking place, and a Houghton Co. Courthouse sheriffs sale in just the last few days. I'll have her find it and report back. I surely hope that is not the case whatsoever. It just seems too many people are holding paper on the place? Very sad.