Any updates for Rhinelander?

jwmcatman

Anyone have any conditions info for Rhinelander?

X2. Its in the 80’s here in Bangalore india, Been here two weeks, coming home Saturday and heading to Rhinelander, finally, Monday for the week. Ive got 10 miles total for 3 sleds over new years and itching to ride. Just wife and me, if anyone wants to take a ride im available as i will be riding solo and rather ride along with someone. Pm me, Judging from my live camera looks like we got a few inches, though dark now so cant see very well as its 6:58 am here and 6:30 pm there. Think snow.

Rhinelander trails were good last weekend and with the fresh snow Sunday-Monday they should be great. I see the groomers were out today so the trails will set up nice the next couple days with the extreme cold weather.

How are trails going to hold up from the weekend warmup and rain? I'm suppose to head to Boulder Junction next Friday. Doesn't seem like they have a lot of snow now and are only going to get 2 inches per the forecast after the rain. I haven't been up north yet this season so wondering if someone up there can give their opinion.

Swampy

Will keep you posted as far as how much rain falls. The snow's not going away. It'll still be here. We've been through this before.
It's gonna get cold again after the warm spell so it should be just fine.

Ride Safe Ride Right

Will keep you posted as far as how much rain falls. The snow's not going away. It'll still be here. We've been through this before.
It's gonna get cold again after the warm spell so it should be just fine.

Ride Safe Ride Right

Looks like John is a little more optimistic today with his forecast.

The trails in the Rhinelander area were excellent the last few days. The groomers have been out everyday making conditions awesome.

vipermike2002

I took a short ride in Rhinelander on Saturday. Conditions were great. They deteriorated come Sunday when I left early afternoon but I am not sure how hard the trails got hit. Good news is snow and cold coming this week. The club is doing a great job working with what little snow they have.

jwmcatman

Trails in great shape everywhere i road, lots of snow and more on the way, should be good for weeks to come looking at forecasted temps.

Trails in great shape everywhere i road, lots of snow and more on the way, should be good for weeks to come looking at forecasted temps.

Great to hear. Heading up Wednesday to Clear Lake Inn. Have been up there the last few years and this is shaping up to be the best yet. We had two straight years where the trip was cut short by the weekend due to rain and meltdown. 2 years ago it was pushing 60 degrees on that Friday. First time I ever rode in short sleeves and jeans! Here's to some great riding and conditions.

jwmcatman

Nice place to start, nice people and food too. Anywhere you go will be good, as always Saturday afternoon a bit bumpy we only did the west loop 12 across boom lake to sugar camp, over to three lakes then down to lake thompson and around the loop by fishers and clear lake inn ( beachcombers). All good, back up next week for 11 days of riding, finally. Enjoy your trip. Lots of snow

snobinge

Any recommendations for trails? Cabin is near Henkel’s Town Pump on Hwy 8. I have been pretty exclusive to off trail riding in UP/West but kids are getting older and we are venturing out on the trails from the cabin.

vipermike2002

Great to hear. Heading up Wednesday to Clear Lake Inn. Have been up there the last few years and this is shaping up to be the best yet. We had two straight years where the trip was cut short by the weekend due to rain and meltdown. 2 years ago it was pushing 60 degrees on that Friday. First time I ever rode in short sleeves and jeans! Here's to some great riding and conditions.

Shhh don't tell people about that place. LOL

I am heading up Friday morning. Staying in the middle cabin. 3rd weekend in a row for me.

Trails should be good in all directions from there right now, but I would head north towards lake tomahawk, then head east to the rainbow flowage. From there loop down towards sugar camp (imo the best trails in northern wisconsin) and then back to Rhinelander. That would be a great day ride and a scenic route. Let me know what you think after you take a ride.

Thanks for the info and suggestions. Mike, sorry to give away a good secret. Lol. We're in the first cabin (as you come down the hill.) Stayed in the furthest one the first year. All beautiful and would be a dream home for me.
We'll take on the riding suggestions and report back. Thanks again.