Any updates for Rhinelander?

jwmcatman

Shhhh, on sugar camp too. Lol. Always in great shape, saturday I should have taken pictures. One area in SC was beautiful with all the ice, so thick on trees snow could not stick, sun shining on the trail was spectacular. The suggested loop is a good one, love trail 12.

Snowaddict what did you find this weekend? Assume good trails, heading up Thursday for 11 days.

We had a great trip with the best amount of snow since we've been doing this annual trip. Our friends even did some riding on Wednesday. We didn't arrive until Weds evening. So, we just spent that time unpacking and met the others up the hill for a great meal at Beach Combers. Then rode Thurs, Fri, and Sat. Low snow was never an issue. If anything too much of it made for some moguls and a bumpy ride on the ride back each day. The poorest around Rhinelander was having to navigate around the city itself. Other than that, anywhere in the area is good. Once things were groomed after the last big snow, it was great. We ended up going towards Hazelhurst the first day. The next was more of a mistake and ended up a little north of Eagle River. Too many sleds and bumpy. Cannot believe the "snowmobile capital of the world" isn't kept in better grooming shape. Everyone we talked to at the local stops had the same feedback. Also, went towards Lake Tomahawk and St. Germain. Most of this was good until the evening and way back, which was to be expected. Once again Clear Lake Inn was a great place to stay and the hospitality was excellent. Already booked for next year. And if you're a cheese cake fan, make sure you try some!

jwmcatman

Thanks, thats all to be expected, when trails are good south to pelican lake then west through enterprise over toward lake alice and north is good, except i never hit the trails coming back around the airport heading back to rhinelander in good shape, always late afternoon or evening though, but the rest is spectacular

jwmcatman

Quick report from todays ride, crazy day for sure. 15/17 up past cross country bar to idway to gas up, trails were run over with tractor yesterday to pack, still bumpy, midway across to three lakes was basically one teack down center of trail, not to bumpy but slow going, no grooming in sugar camp or tractors but road crossings knocked down, branches or trees across trails bit passable, three lakes to eagle river over to little st germain bear resort was perfect, then souththrough sugar camp very rough no grooming, just north of midway gas had couple big trees across trail you can go left and get through, i stuck my sled deep here but 3 of us got it out, got more gas then all the field were plowed and groomed wide s9 sugar camp getting go the grooming and asume cleaning up the trees, once on the rhinelander trail the groomer had made one pass probably headed toward cross country bar but the ride back to house was perfect. Signs on trails are often buried, some crazy drifts through all trails and where not groomed they are deep. deer were all over the trails saw 50+ and they did not want to leave the trail as snow is really deep so slow down so they can get off trail. The blizzard and amount of snow has made it slow to recover, 5 more perhaps tonight, already snowing, trails will be great tomorrow and get better every day. My longest trip ever at 11 days and have had some really different riding so far, great day on boom saturday catching a bunch of crappie, 5 days left, all sleding. Have fun.