Anyone ever starting a snowmobile club?

joks79

I'm wondering if anyone on here ever started a snowmobile club? A group of us are working to build a club with the long term goal to get a trail into Trenary. We have hired an attorney to handle our 501C3. We have a mission statement and bylaws. We have a had a turnout of people who want to be members and have about a dozen of people who are working hard on the club.

I'm interest in any of the growing pains others have had.

Last edited:

ezra

why do u need a 503C is that a MI thing?
U should be able to start a club and use MIUSA as the parent club .
that is how it is done in MN any way.
I would bet the farm MIUSA has all the info and paperwork u need . including land owner permits hand out from the state of MI including insurance information lawsuit info etc .
u need to really push the liability issue when talking with land owners. make them understand that a trail will be skirting there property along ditch etc and if some one trespasses then gets hurt with no state trail autherisation on there property they can be sued .but if they have a trail even crossing a small corner they are covered under the state of MI insurance policy up to X amount of $. depending on how worded in your state they may not even be able to sue land owner with state trail.
I can tell u the club we started in 11 have gotten more trail re opened and new trail created than all surrounding clubs combined. dont let any one tell u it cant be done.
after people see what u are getting done they will come . http://www.mpsnomads.com/about.html

Last edited:

ezra

In MI any entity that is to receive a grooming grant from the DNR has to be non-profit.
I highly doubt they will be dropping 150k on a groomer in the next few yrs.
I don't see our club picking up a groomer for at least 5 to ten and we are surrounded by wealth and the HQ for 2 oem. I will give props to poo for kicking in a sXs every yr for us to use to mark trail . all our grooming is done by the larger northwest trails . and they get the funding from MNUSA who gets it from the state .
not sure how MI works but I cant imagine every club has to groom. heck I am in 4 clubs and only 1 owns a groomer

buddah2

I highly doubt they will be dropping 150k on a groomer in the next few yrs.
I don't see our club picking up a groomer for at least 5 to ten and we are surrounded by wealth and the HQ for 2 oem. I will give props to poo for kicking in a sXs every yr for us to use to mark trail . all our grooming is done by the larger northwest trails . and they get the funding from MNUSA who gets it from the state .
not sure how MI works but I cant imagine every club has to groom. heck I am in 4 clubs and only 1 owns a groomer

In MI the DNR still owns the groomers.......they purchase them and then give them to the individual clubs to use and maintain.......and then they pay each club a fixed amount per mile groomed......