Anyone have experience with a Triton Trailer with a Ramp Door?

joesnocruzer

My wife and I are considering trading in our trailer with clam-shell doors partially because the doors always freeze shut, and are a pain to get open. The other reason is that we want to down-size to a two place trailer.

I was wondering whether anyone has experience with a Triton trailer with a rear ramp door that pulls down to form the ramp? We are thinking about a Triton TC128. Do these have issues opening or closing when dealing with snow & ice?

I appreciate any experience anyone can share.

blu2u2

I owned the Triton TC167 and a Prestige 147. Both are an upgrade to the clam shell style. Only issue is if the door has snow or ice on it when the door is closed it can fall down and impede on the door closing. This is not a big deal and a push broom works well to clear the door before closing.

Hoosier

I had an 03 sno pro 10 ft clam that I sold a couple months ago. Owned it for about 4 years. No complaints. Sold it basically overnight on cl. I think they are made in Maine. I bought it from a guy who moved to Indiana from Mass. Supposedly all the parts that are bought from suppliers are similar quality with Triton, or at least according to the guy selling to me :)

clark_w

I have a similar R&R and really like it, love not having mess around with ramps anymore.... And never had a problem with the rear door, sometimes the front access door can freeze up but no biggie.

CW

legend02

I have a similar R&R and really like it, love not having mess around with ramps anymore.... And never had a problem with the rear door, sometimes the front access door can freeze up but no biggie.

CW

I have a 2014 R&R ARC same as clark_w , I have no complaints except the optional side door sticks.

xcsp

Sno Pro looks nice, should have a larger front access door like the Triton Clamshell. Price seems right.

twodeere

I really like my Triton TC128. This was my second season with it and no complaints. I downsized from a 3 place inline to the Triton. As another posted, snow from the ramp does fall but is easily swept away. It has never caused me any issues nor has the door ever frozen shut. I had this same issue with my 3 place inline. I added Superclamps which makes loading and unloading very easy. Also really like the large 4x4 door in front. Makes for easy access to the front of the machines.

boilerrph

I currently own a Triton TC128. This is easily the best trailer that I have owned. No negative issues whatsoever. I have owned various brands of trailers over the years and can honestly say that Triton is the best brand of the bunch. Of the Triton trailers that I have owned, the TC128 is my favorite. There is a post above about an R&R trailer. I don't have any experience with that model, however I did own an R&R in the late 1990's and in my opinion, the quality was not nearly as good as the Triton trailers that I have had since then.

ezra

I think Triton must manufacture there own axles or have a suppler that builds them just for them for there sled trailers.
they are a few inches diff than any other and only place to get that size is through a Triton suppler.
I wanted to add a second axle to my 12 clam. never wanted to be running with a flat in white out conditions on a freeway again. that is how I figured that out.

xcsp

I am aslo thinking about buying a sno pro trailer in the next month or so. I like the price point and the fact it comes with ski guides and track mats. Any more real world experiences on them would be great.