Anywhere not being groomed now???

MR.HAPPY

Is there anywhere in Western U.P. not good riding after the last few days of snow?

Head'n up Wed. morn with the group & just making sure we don't have to figure different routes then normal years!

Thanks!

whitedust

You have to do your homework on each area no general blanket statement can be all inclusive of the WUPMI trail conditions due to varying LES snow depths & trail conditions. Sorry but don't assume all is well as in other years.:)

fire126

Just got back and had a great time. Trail 13 was in great shape from twin lakes 16 miles in but then was rough. The trail that goes around greenland to rockland was the same. we found two groomers broke down n both areas. Three guys were working on the one in very cold conditions. I felt sorry for them. the next day, that one was gone but trail was still rough. groomers north from there was out in force working work.

Think Snow!!!
Team Fire Storm!!!

indy_500

x2 what a disaster a SOLID 6" of fluff on top of 0 base at most. Made that mistake this past weekend. It ain't so bad if you go to Gay from Lake Linden but don't even try running gay to Lac La Belle until there's a solid foot of snow. Just had to take this picture...

Attachments

• up 036.jpg
    up 036.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 251

bonnevier

Yesterday we ran 11N out of wakefield and it had not been groomed, downed trees, etc... In addition, the portion of south boundary that is south of 102 was plowed and not very good.

fcat700

13 south of Rockland has thousands of large rocks exposed but that was the only area in the Gogebic, Bergland, White Pine, Rockland area that I felt like I was abusing my snowmobile.

duramax

13 south of Rockland has thousands of large rocks exposed but that was the only area in the Gogebic, Bergland, White Pine, Rockland area that I felt like I was abusing my snowmobile.

13S from rockland is no good then, or is it bearable to go down to the hoop from twin lakes. Is it basically rock hitting the whole way. How much of 13 would you say was rocky.

L

lenny

Just got back and had a great time. Trail 13 was in great shape from twin lakes 16 miles in but then was rough. The trail that goes around greenland to rockland was the same. we found two groomers broke down n both areas. Three guys were working on the one in very cold conditions. I felt sorry for them. the next day, that one was gone but trail was still rough. groomers north from there was out in force working work.

Think Snow!!!
Team Fire Storm!!!

The Greenland side has been groomed and has improved another 25%. Lots of snow here now and grooming will continue. The groomer is still broke down near Rockland and will be down for a few more days at least. I'll try an post updates and that trail does not look to get groomed till it is fixed, cannot get another groomer past the broken down one. May bypass it and resume down the trail a few miles with the other machine.

fcat700

We rode it on Saturday and I know conditions change daily but it was very bad from Rockland south to the river crossing and bad south of that, maybe 5 miles or so from Rockland south. There was a sled towed in to Henry’s that lodged a rock in the tunnel and busted the suspension. You might be able to ride the road from Rockland to the bridge (or bridge to Rockland), not sure, maybe lenny can chime in.

Last edited:
In today's email report:The Watersmeet groomers finally went out. All trails are groomed and are in fair condition. Please use cautions trails are icy. Trail 3 north of Bruce Crossing has some trees over the trail. Groomers will be working on getting the trees off of the trail so slow down and watch out for the groomers working on the trail.