Are you old enough to have had a GOOD Tombstone pizza?

Tuck

Went to the store and happened to recall the pizza and talk and wow there it was a Peps. It is probably the cheesiest frozen pizza I have had, and it tasted good. Thanks for the info

mezz

Mezz, we do use various Jacks pizza's. Then we soup them up a bit, with shredded 5-Italian cheese blend, and shredded Sharp Cheddar. Not bad when doing cheater pizza! ;) We will try Lottza Motzza.
I've been a fan of adding toppings to the Jacks for some time, especially if I can't find the one I am looking for. Extra cheese & pepperoni, green pepper, onion, you name it....... You won't have to do a thing to the Lotzza Motzza, that is unless you like to add a little kick to it with crushed red peppers. There is no shortage of toppings on these either, epsecially the Motzza, good stuff....

Last edited:

indy_500

The musky mart BP gas station in pelican lake has a good variety of peps pizza. Too bad we were on sled, would’ve liked to grab some!

Lottza mottza is the bomb, love some of their more specialty flavors like buffalo chicken, chicken Alfredo, Mac and cheese, etc

Last edited:

goofy600

Damn I shouldn’t be reading this thread at 7:22 in the morning, now I want pizza for breakfast. I will say the lottza mottza is what’s in the freezer at the house nowadays, and most often cooked on the smoker when possible.

euphoric1

Damn I shouldn’t be reading this thread at 7:22 in the morning, now I want pizza for breakfast. I will say the lottza mottza is what’s in the freezer at the house nowadays, and most often cooked on the smoker when possible.
have a jacks pepperoni in the pizza oven under the counter at the shop as we speak LOL!!!

snobuilder

Ok, thanks to your guyses input we have a couple Peps in the freezer. Didn't make one yet due to breaking in the new smoker with a brisket, ribs and chicken....LOL

Hoosier

I don't know what they sell at the bar in Mass City, but for frozen pizza it's really good. Of course I'm normally in the best possible mood when I'm up there, either just got done snowmobiling for the day or am ready to ride the next day....

renegade600

I worked for Tombstone a couple of years while in school (on the floor in the bakery), and then for about 5 years in the Engineering Department (after Collage) prior to being purchased by Kraft. This spanned from about '83 to about late '89.

I saw first hand the changes made to this once great family owned company and product line. The changes to the recipe, who we bought the raw ingredients from, to cutbacks and automation plans. My job was cut back as "Engineering will be performed by Kraft Corporate engineers and the main offices......what was funny is that we developed all of out own application machinery in house, and built it in house. I still snicker about the first time the Kraft team of Engineers came up to learn our facility, and on that first day they all were wearing new flannel shirts and new fresh pressed jeans.... (this was when I still wore a tie to work every day)....comical......

Tombstone back in the day, family owned was " The Place" to get a job locally, it really was that good, and the pizza was awesome!

snobuilder

I worked for Tombstone a couple of years while in school (on the floor in the bakery), and then for about 5 years in the Engineering Department (after Collage) prior to being purchased by Kraft. This spanned from about '83 to about late '89.

I saw first hand the changes made to this once great family owned company and product line. The changes to the recipe, who we bought the raw ingredients from, to cutbacks and automation plans. My job was cut back as "Engineering will be performed by Kraft Corporate engineers and the main offices......what was funny is that we developed all of out own application machinery in house, and built it in house. I still snicker about the first time the Kraft team of Engineers came up to learn our facility, and on that first day they all were wearing new flannel shirts and new fresh pressed jeans.... (this was when I still wore a tie to work every day)....comical......

Tombstone back in the day, family owned was " The Place" to get a job locally, it really was that good, and the pizza was awesome!
Well, Chit. I can only believe what you say. It supports what me and I suppose many believe to be true.... whenever a home grown truly good food product gets gobbled up into the corporate world it is doomed.

yamadooed

Usta be 2 dinner wheel suppliers to our bar back in the day Tombstone and the other was Tomasellos. The only way to properly cook these is in a traditional bar style pizza oven around 7 min a wheel. Best wheel for the money is the Jewel signature @ $3 sumpt'n a wheel nowadaze. Otherwise a self rising wheel from Jewel or even that GV brand you cook in a oven is OK for your amateur buds.

cobalt_502

I met ole Peppy at a Tittie bar, north of Wausau years ago, he was a hoot! I couldn't figure out why all the strippers were hanging all over him until I found out who he was lol! He honestly was a very interesting guy, we discussed the operation and shared stories about the technology of the operation. I did vibration analysis on the ammonia compressors at the Medford and Little Chute facilities for years. They have free pizza in both the plants, it was obvious when they destroyed the Tombstone Pizza of my childhood.

snobuilder

Tried a Peps ...not impressed....it was called a sausage and peperoni but it looked like a cheese pizza coming out of our bar style pizza oven. Who the eff builds a pizza like that? Meat goes over the cheese....pizza 101.

Sounds like old pep lost his passion at the strip club.

here you go old lib....i will save you some effort.....:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops: