Awesome Ride in the Keweenaw!!

m8man

Went out on Sunday with Mezz, and I tell ya this may have been the most snow I've seen for the first ride of the year in a long time....Or maybe I just needed to exercise my right thumb a bunch cause maybe it was gettin stiff??

Anyway, here are some shots of our excursion.

Where our fun intersected with the main trail
93295.jpg

My M8 in the deep
93296.jpg

Our sleds takin' a break and boy do you go through the gas in the deep stuff too.
93297.jpg

A few more to follow as my connection is slow tonight.
M8man

m8man

As promised a few more.
Mezz coming up the logging road in style, you should ask him what happened on another road, maybe a pilot ejection??
93301.jpg

Mezz blazing me in style
93302.jpg

Look hard because Mezz is buried just left of center. I snapped a few of him stuck B4 I went to help because it was so picture perfect.
93303.jpg

The small but named Deerwater Lake
93304.jpg

Hard to tell but it was 3-4 feet deep here
93305.jpg

Return view from the small play area
93306.jpg

Over & Out
M8man

doospunk

Great pics guys! Looks like a good time. Those "pilot ejection" dismounts just seem to happen outta nowhere don't they? One second your on the sled makin nice easy goin carves through the deep, then the next second, "bang", sled goes one way, as you gracefully barrel roll the other, landing in a sprawled out heap on your back wondering what just happened. And of course, to top it off, your buddy (with a big smirk on his face) reaching for his camera to capture that memorable moment! Not that this has ever happened to me or anything! *L*

yooper

Awesome pics!<font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font> Heeere Bleeeezard Bleeeezard 44 more for me I can't wait!<font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font>

m8man

They were taken at various locations off trail in the Keweenaw peninsula, or Keweenaw County.. Mostly southern to mid Keweenaw county and really all over the county. I'm 35 started sledding when I was about 10 or so and have only missed a couple of years in there. I've learned the area with my dad as a youngster and still have the need for the deep 20+ years later.

M8man

mezz

Articcat97, since I've changed the track to a 1.6, the top end has come down a bit. When I last cranked it up on a loose trail It pulled to around 85mph. I didn't buy this sled with the idea of good top end. The important thing to me is the versatility of the sled, especially off trail in the Pow & the 1.6 sure made a difference in that area. I'm sure I could get more out of it if I really wanted to, but not necessary.-Mezz