Bearings

snowshark94

Does anyone know where I can get some good Bearings for my boggie wheels? I dont want to pay $30 per bearing for stock ones, but I want the bearings to last more then a season. I wonder why no one sells them at the Snowmobile show in Milwaukee.

Thanks,
Mike

snoduke88

There are lot of places that sell bearings. Go to yellow pages and look under bearings. I have found that most bearings now come with just oil in bearings, I always remove seals and pack with grease.

Woodtic

Motion Industries is on the west side of the air port,down the block from Granger. Executive Air Port in Wheeling,you can't get much closer than that.

Hoosier

There are lot of places that sell bearings. Go to yellow pages and look under bearings. I have found that most bearings now come with just oil in bearings, I always remove seals and pack with grease.

I just looked into this a few months back. NTN formula bearings are high quality and have low temp grease and are cheaper than OEM if you find then locally

garyl62

Does anyone know where I can get some good Bearings for my boggie wheels? I dont want to pay $30 per bearing for stock ones, but I want the bearings to last more then a season.
Thanks,
Mike

Are your bearings really gone after 1 season? What about everyone else? Maybe I'm just missing something here but my stock ones last longer than that.

indy_500

Are your bearings really gone after 1 season? What about everyone else? Maybe I'm just missing something here but my stock ones last longer than that.

I take the seals off every year clean out with brake cleaner and repack with fresh grease. Been a long time since I had to buy a bogey wheel bearing.

Hoosier

For you guys that get them from the local Fastenal or Motion Industries, do you just take the bearings with you and have them match them up?

xcr440

I take the seals off every year clean out with brake cleaner and repack with fresh grease. Been a long time since I had to buy a bogey wheel bearing.

X2 - If you guys opened up a new bearing, you would be shocked how little grease is in them.

I'm glad I have better or more important things to do with my time;)

35 plus years of riding, some sleds 10 years old and some with 5-6,000 miles and I can count on three fingers how many bogies I've replaced, and
not all from bad bearings!

I'm now pounding my knuckles on my oak desk:p

snowshark94

I did not know this until you guys mentioned Motion, but Motion Industries if right across from my office and I am looking at their building through my office window. I never knew what they were, but I will be placing my order with them to get my bearings replaced. Weird Coincedence that they are a couple hundred feet from me. funny

Thanks Guys,
Mike

chunk06

They probably have them in stock, I know when there was one around here they had them in stock for a few different sleds. Bring the old bearing with you and they will go of part# or mic it out. I found this secret years ago when i was young, poor, rode worn out sleds and about fainted getting a dealer price. You will most likley get a better quality one than the dealer or Parts Unlimited.

mikes99ss

Iwhat kind of sled is it?. Some sleds have more than one size bearing in the skid... i.e ski doo xp's. All bearings have a 4 digit number on the seal. That's what you will need to know.