Belts

catdog

I was looking online for a spare belt. I notice that on one site they list that my old sled 03 SKS 800 and my new sled 2013 SB Assualt have the same P/N. I looked at a Polaris Dealers web site and they list them different.
Dealer Prices
03 SKS 800 $67
13 SB 800 Assualt $167

Ultimax XS Drive Belt by Carlisle $99

I was think I would just order the belt for the 03 any thoughts?

D

Deleted member 10829

I'm guessing the $167 belt is Kevlar and is much stronger. There has to be some difference.

WisDoo

Sounds like ski doo belts. On my 08 600 sdi I ran the race belt and was paying at the time a discount through Warner racing 75 per belt. Now they want 150 (no longer can get the discount) so I tried the Carlisle belt and was very happy. Now I had to get a spare belt for my 11 summit etec and I did pay the 160 from ski doo because I needed it now.

raceinsnow

I would not use the aftermarket belts on that sled.I understand that the oem belt is expensive but so are belly pans and belt guards.The other thing is the aftermarket belts are slightly different in size then the oem belts and clutch adjustments will be needed when using the aftermarket belts.I just use my old belt as a spare and put a new one on every 2500-3000 miles for better performance. Pro-active maintenance.

indy_500

Well, my buddy got 500 miles each out of 2 $150 oem SKi Doo belts on his 12 etec 800 put a carlisle XS on it and it lasted 1500 miles till it blew.

G

G

I would not use the aftermarket belts on that sled.I understand that the oem belt is expensive but so are belly pans and belt guards.The other thing is the aftermarket belts are slightly different in size then the oem belts and clutch adjustments will be needed when using the aftermarket belts.I just use my old belt as a spare and put a new one on every 2500-3000 miles for better performance. Pro-active maintenance.

Not only are they oftentimes not the same dimensions as an OEM belt they are probably not made of the same materials. There are such things as 'soft' belts and 'hard' belts. The OEM's have spent countless hours testing belts specially on higher cc units. I use OEM belts. I change them if they have some obvious damage and do not run them until they blow. The belt guards on these newer sleds are a joke. If you blow a belt at speed you will most likely do some serious damage. There are other places to trim expenses in this sport but belts are not one of them. To each their own though. Just my thoughts.

raceinsnow

Polaris and Skidoo belts are different. As far as polaris belts go ,I know that there is no exact replacement belt with out having to adjust your clutches for the aftermarket belts. My skidoo buddy's are running the carlisle belts and having good luck with them.I have also been having good luck with my oem polaris belts on the newer sleds.