Bergstrom skegs carbides

old abe

Anyone using Snowtrackers on Ski-Doo pilot ski's ????? Rode Canadian trip few years back with couple of Yami's. The guy with Apex said only way to go for him. Guy with Nitro said he was going to switch over also when he returned home. How durable are Snowtrackers??????????

dfattack

Anyone using Snowtrackers on Ski-Doo pilot ski's ????? Rode Canadian trip few years back with couple of Yami's. The guy with Apex said only way to go for him. Guy with Nitro said he was going to switch over also when he returned home. How durable are Snowtrackers??????????

Snowtrackers make them for the ski-doo pilot skis. I will be trying them next season since I'm probably going to order the grand touring SE soon. as of now I've only used them on stock Yamaha skis (non-tuner). Snowtrackers are very durable. Once installed on my sleds I've never had a problem or even replaced them. The most miles I've had on a sled before selling was around 5,000. I used the snowtrackers for all 5,000 miles and still had more to go. As long as you follow directions that come with the ST's and don't cross RR Tracks on an angle you are good! :)

uperjim

carbides-waste of money

Don't know what all the hubub is on this topic. I have the original non-carbide wear rods on my 1989 Ovation and have never had an issue! original hyfax also. Corners like a go-cart

C

Cirrus_Driver

To whomoever made the comment about their sled "not planting the front end", and talking about Yamaha 4-strokes, either you have some serious setup problems with springs, shocks or limiter straps, or just don't know what it means for a sled to be "planted". All 3 of my Yam's, the one thing they did better than anything was "plant the front end". How the heck could it NOT with all that weight over the ski's? I mean really. Not questioning the intellect, but whatever could you possibly mean. I can't even imagine how a Yamaha couldn't or wouldn't turn (unless maybe over-agressively studded?) - mine literally CARVED with triple points in ALL conditions. The Rush Pro - no comparison to the forward bite I got with the Apex's and Vectors. 2 of my 3 were studded aggresively, the Apex was a long track, and they still turned with 6-8" triple points.

whitedust

Less than pristine conditions this year in Vilas so I rode in some thin stuff to break out on FRs in UP. UP was pretty good so I have a mix of thin & good conditions for about 2200 miles before we melted down. I have not had a chance to look at STs to check wear but still carving & no performance fall off was noticed. Abe...I'll take a look and let you know when I get a chance.

whitedust

To whomoever made the comment about their sled "not planting the front end", and talking about Yamaha 4-strokes, either you have some serious setup problems with springs, shocks or limiter straps, or just don't know what it means for a sled to be "planted". All 3 of my Yam's, the one thing they did better than anything was "plant the front end". How the heck could it NOT with all that weight over the ski's? I mean really. Not questioning the intellect, but whatever could you possibly mean. I can't even imagine how a Yamaha couldn't or wouldn't turn (unless maybe over-agressively studded?) - mine literally CARVED with triple points in ALL conditions. The Rush Pro - no comparison to the forward bite I got with the Apex's and Vectors. 2 of my 3 were studded aggresively, the Apex was a long track, and they still turned with 6-8" triple points.

That's all about set up & pressure on skis. I know guys that like to wheelie Apex not my thing I like lite steering & planted skis. Apex can have a little inside ski lift with TPs when pushed super hard that I have not seen with STs. Set up is entirely different for STs & TPs and I would not vary much from mfg set up for STs a little but not much. With TPs I needed to adjust transfer to front skis right to the limit as they wore & moved limter strap all over till my buds were tickled with me riding twistys on one ski when I wicked it up.lol With STs I hit it out of the box & tweaked transfer so slightly to minimize slight ski lift and wow super handling came right in.

D

Deleted member 10829

Got my Bergstrom triple points this week for my new sled. My 3rd pair so far and just love them. Sold my last 2 sleds with one over 4,000 miles and one close to 4,000, and they were still in good shape! The key is to shim the skis.

Reactions: gpt

Iowa Rider

I just ordered another set yesterday, I ride anytime I get a chance which equates to hard on skegs. I get about 4500 mi. out of them.
Way better than anything else I have tried. I like the handling and they don't dig two inches into the trail like some :)
I also shim the ski. Remove weight from ski in off season.

old abe

whitedust are you using Berstrom, Snow Trackers, or Doo skegs on your 900T Doo? I realize perhaps you didn't your normal riding miles in last year.

whitedust

whitedust are you using Berstrom, Snow Trackers, or Doo skegs on your 900T Doo? I realize perhaps you didn't your normal riding miles in last year.
5” doo TS adjustable installed navagators but never got to test them. Thinking Doo 7” this year if 5 “ worn. I like light and aggressive steering so not sure if snow trackers are the way to go without eps. I found snapping my riser all the way forward helped a lot for aggressive Twistys

Anyone ever use these? what is your view of them? I always use woodys but i see they advertise to be the better and longer lasting... is this true?
Redneck tried these on my 06 vector back in the day after a member here recommended them was the best purchase I ever made sled handled so much better running those, I really guess I didn't pay to much attention to whether they lasted any longer though, I don't have to watch that stuff my hubby takes care of that,and it will probably depend on conditions your riding in too. Sounds like snow may be on its way, get out and ride while you still can.