Best grilling recipe

jim

yamahachick,

where is that place at!! i'm in roseville and would love to get some pasty's. have you tried them yet? how do they compare? ...thanks...

lookin4snow

Ezra,

No vamps here. I don't think that the garlic is overly heavy in the fish, but it is pungent in the marinade. I measure very little in the kitchen and cloves of garlic vary so much in size, so I would guess I put 4 nice size cloves in the marinade.

I'm going to try the OJ and brown sugar as well as the southwestern burger. I can 40 to 50 pints of salsa each year, so this sounds like another fine use for it.

Last year on my last couple trips to Wyoming I stopped at Jean Kay's Pasties in Iron Mountain and took a bunch of frozen cooked pasties with me. Before riding, wrap a thawed pastie in parchment paper and drop it in the muff pot. Ride hard all morning, stop for lunch, and you have a nice hot pastie in the backcountry. I shared with some locals while riding and they loved them. Now I won't leave home without them.

frnash

<font color="0000ff">lookin4snow:
"A pastie would be something else, maybe still a good thought......"</font>

111996.gif

yamahachick

Jim,

Sterling Heights on Van Dyke between 18 1/2 n 19 and yes I have tried them and their just like the ones in the U.P. I eat there once or twice a week and they'll be at Sterling Feast @ Dodge Park 7/31 - 8/2 You won't be disappointed.

landoman

- Buy whole Jalapeno's - slice (i would use the term butterfly) but do not cut off the top.
- Remove all seeds and internals. This part will suck - much worse than onions IMO.
- close it back up and fill with Cream Cheese
- Wrap with bacon a secure with a toothpick or two
- Grill at 150 for about 1.5 hours on INDIRECT heat.

Great if you like it hot. You will want to be careful when you get to the top near the stem as it is always hotter there.

Enjoy today - pay tomorrow.

daytonsnogoer

Mike Simple Steak. (Simply Awesome)

Tenderize steak--sirlion or better cut--with a fork (stab it until it is full of holes). Sprinkle garlic salt or powder on top until it is lightly covered. Pour Lea and Perrins over the top slowly allowing it all to soak in. Let stand for 15 minutes. Grill as desired. Enjoy!!

t660redrocket

Pork Ribs.....
Lay racks of ribs on a cookie sheet and season with your favorite rub and then top with a layer of brown sugar. Add a cup of water to the pan, cover with tin foil and bake at 350 for 2 hours. Place ribs in smoker or over indirect heat on a charcoal grill basting with the juices left over from the oven. Smoke for 1 to 2 hours. Apply your favorite BBQ in the last 15 - 30 minutes of smoking/grilling. We always serve these a fresh veggie and garlic mashed potatos. Dang, that just made me hungry!!!