Best grilling recipe

xcr440

OUCH!!!

"containing at least 5,000 calories and 500 grams of fat"

I think I'll stick to my grilled "Baked" potato, grilled "Corn on the cob" and BBQ Chicken for now.

yamahaoutlaw

Well, you need to be a bird hunter to try this one, but it is far and away the best (and one of the easiest) things that comes off my grill.

Take the breast of woodcock and rub it with seasoning (to your taste). I like a mix of black pepper, garlic powder (not garlic salt), and oregano. You don't need much, if any, salt in the rub. Wrap the breast in a piece of bacon and spear with toothpick to hold in place.

Throw on the grill, turning fairly often to keep the bacon grease well distributed until done (doesn't take long, since each one isn't very big). One person can easily eat 3 or 4.

This would also work well with backstraps or loin of Venison, as the dark woodcock meat with it's hint of gamey flavor closely approximates venison tenderloin in my opinion.

todds

dooski,
I grill chicken once or twice a week. It's not unique, but it's not the standard brats and burgers. I don't use barbeque sauce, but some prefer that.

Chicken really should be grilled indirect, but you can grill it with direct heat if you know what you are doing. I have a Holland grill, but I also cook chicken with my Weber using the indirect method.

I use Morton's Seasoned Salt or Tony Chachere's to season my yard bird. There is a nice marinade in the Weber owner's manual that you can use for a change of pace. It has red wine vinegar, soy sauce, oregano, and basil.

Chicken takes about an hour to an hour and a half, depending on conditions and other factors.

felonious_rider

Dooski, if you like hot dogs and brats then that is what works for you. Try this one, only if you like Franks Red Hot Sauce.

Cut the brats and dogs up in to 1 1/2 lengths. Put them in a crock pot being half full. 1 bottle of Corona (not light) and 1/2 to 3/4 of large bottle of Franks Red Hot sauce a throw the lid on and slow cook for 3 hours. Depending on the amount of brats and dogs you cook you may need more Corona and Franks Hot Sauce. Perfect for parties or snacks. Good Luck.

ubee

pound chicken breasts flat,marinate in italian salad dressing 1 hr,grill, discard marinate and use a little reserved dressing for basting. pretty tasty and doesnt dry out !!

skutr

Slice a pork tenderloin into medalions approx 1 in thick. Season with salt, pepper, paprika & garlic. Wrap with a stip of bacon (pin the bacon with a toothpick).

Grill 4 minutes on each side & about one minute before their done, turn them on the side and roll them around until the bacon is crispy.

yamahachick

Hunters Stew!!
In Aluminum foil wrap small chunks of hamburger, potatoes, onions, mushrooms n carrots with a little butter n season of your choice flippin it over every 5-7 mintues for 30 minutes so you don't burn anything it is so good and the leftovers are even better. My family loves it!!

You could also use fish, onions, squash, zucchini, mushrooms n lemons with some butter n seasons!! Just as good and less fat.

intowishin

Hey, how about Kabobs. We bought a basket to put on the grill (takes too long to put everything on the kabob needles). Marinate stew meat for 15-30 minutes in your favorite flavor. Cut up whatever veggies you like (mushrooms, sweet peppers, regular peppers, onions, zuchinni, etc) Throw all of these and your marinated meat in the basket. Cook approx. 8-10 mins - waaalllaaa - man, all this talk of grilled food makes me hungry. I think I'm going to have to grill tonight.

lofsfire

Chicken or Turkey Burgers
Take ground chicken or turkey mix in Webber Grill Smokey Mesquite Seasoning about a table spoon to 1lb of meat (or to taste), mix in ½ bag of shredded cheese per 1lb of meat. Use the cheese of your choice (the Kraft Mexican blend works well). Also mix in some bacon bits (the good fresh ones not the dried ones). And lastly add some bread crumbs to thicken up so it stick tighter better about 2 table spoons per pound of meat. Make into burger patties and grill on LOW! Not much grease coming off but the cheese will burn if you don’t cook it slow and turn often (every 3-4min) on the grill. Put on a toasted bun with barbeque sauce (I like KC Masterpiece, or Sweet Baby Rays) and ENJOY!

Of course you could add anything else you might think is tasty!

Webber Grill Creations

My wife kept making plain turkey burgers and complains anytime I make real burgers; I had to do something to make it taste good. And I guess there better for your too.

I will be try a some of the ones above also thanks! They all look good!

lofsfire

Oh forgot a few things :
1.)The other Webber Grill Creations seasonings that I real like on just about anything it the Chicago Steak Seasoning.

2.)ubee ~ We used the Italian salad dressing often also and it realy good!

3.) One other way I found out to keep the chicken form drying out it cook when it still a little frozen. (forgot to take some out for the freezer before work one day)

ubee

another easy griller is good marbled pork steaks cut from a pork shoulder . get grill good and hot and wipe grates with paper towel soaked with cooking oil to keep from sticking and get nice grill marks.turn 180 to get nice crosshatch pattern. add some red oak or hickory chips for flavoring. just salt and pepper brings out a good flavor. a good economical cut the whole family can enjoy without breaking the bank!!

lookin4snow

First, go out on Lake Michigan or Lake Superior and catch yourself some salmon. Take your pick, coho, king, heck, even a rainbow will work. Get a couple of nice filets and here is a marinade for the fish:

6 oz. Alaskan Amber Beer(any amber will work, drink the Alaskan Amber if you have it)
6 oz Lite Soy sauce
8 Garlic cloves, pressed
2-3 inch piece of ginger, grated
3/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped

Mix all together and put in zip top bag with 2-3 lbs of salmon filets. Marinate for 12-24 hrs. Grill flesh side down over direct heat for 3 to 5 minutes. Turn and grill for another 3 to 5 minutes. Take a spatula and remove the filets from the grill, leaving the skin on the grill. Before I eat the filet, I turn them over and remove the dark flesh material in the middle of the filet on the skin side - that is fishy tasting. Flip back over, plate it, and serve with some roasted peppers and some rice (or potatoes). Sounds more complicated than it is, and your taste buds will be rewarded. Your will amaze your friends with your cooking skill.

dooski

When I have the good fourtune of catching Salmon on Lake Michigan I do the following with two fillets from a 3-5lb fish.

Mix
juice of one lemon
1/3 stick of butter
a good shot of olive oil
salt pepper
a clove or two of minced garlic
a good shot of white wine if on hand
a good handful of fresh dill from the garden.

I stick it in the microwave to melt the butter and to get everything to wake up. I put down a thick peice of aluminum foil down on a hot grill for easy clean up and place the fillet skin side down. I split the sause into two bowls one for cooking and one for serving/finishing

I brush it several times with the sause as it cooks never turning it. It will be done in 10 min or so or when the meat is tender and starting to open up. I then spatula the meat off as discribed in lookin4snows recipe (which I will be trying next time). You do have to look out for one line of bones. I usally remove that line before serving.

pete_w

Another way to do Salmon. A little more work up front but the way it turns out is well worth it. comes from a cardogs BBQ team.

Dry Rub
<font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font> cup light brown sugar, packed
1 cup non-iodized table salt
3 TBSP granulated garlic
3 TBSP granulated onion 1 TBSP dried dill weed
1 TBSP dried savory
2 tsp dried tarragon
Mix all ingredients thoroughly. Turbinado sugar may be substituted for brown sugar. To substitute garlic salt and onion salt, reduce table salt to 1/2 cup and double garlic salt and onion salt to 6 TBSP.

Finishing Rub
<font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font>/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 TBSP granulated garlic
1 TBSP granulated onion 1 tsp dried savory
1 tsp dried tarragon
Mix all ingredients thoroughly. Turbinado sugar may be substituted for brown sugar.

Buy a fresh, 3-pound salmon fillet, preferably Sockeye or King. Remove the pin bones using tweezers or needle nose pliers. Do not remove the skin. Place skin-side down in a glass or stainless steel pan.

Pack the dry rub on the flesh side of the fillet, approximately 1/4" thick. Let the fillet rest in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours (the longer you leave the rub on, the stronger the salt flavor). Rinse the fillet in cool, clean water to remove the dry rub, then pat dry. Allow to dry for about 30 minutes, until the flesh becomes tacky.

Heat a barbecue grill to medium to medium-high. Sprinkle finishing rub on the fillet (twice what you would use as if you were heavy salt and peppering). Cook with the lid closed to an internal temp of 140-155° (your preference) measured in the center of the thickest part of the fillet.

We recommend using wood to produce smoke while cooking. On a charcoal grill, just sprinkle a few wood chips on the coals. On a gas grill, place wood chips in a pouch made of aluminum foil. Poke holes in the top of the pouch and place it on the hottest spot under the grill. Alder is our wood of choice, but fruitwoods are a wonderful substitute.

You can also smoke it at lower temps of 225-250°; this allows for more smoke on the fillets.

dooski

My buddy brought over a Venison Back Strap on Saterday. He cut the loin in 3rds stuffed with a mixture of Onion cream cheese sun dries tomatos and garlic that he put in the food processor. Wrapped them in bacon. We grilled over for about 5 min a side. That was some good eatin !

mezz

I tried to do this yesterday, but we were experiencing technical difficulties. Yamachick, "Hunters Stew"? Hmmm, minus the mushrooms, it sounds like Pasty with out the crust. As kids we use to call it Pasty Stuff. Very tasty & it is an easy caserole for the grill.
Anybody ever try a "Southwestern Burger"? Use your favorite ground beef, mix with Salsa, press into patties & season with Black Pepper, Garlic & Onion Powder. If you want to kick it up a notch, add a little hot sauce to the Salsa. Not Bad, livens up an otherwise plain grilled burger.-Mezz

yamahachick

Mezz,

Use to layers of foil, I should of listed that prior sorry.
I love Pastys!! Recently here in the city a Yooper moved his business a mile from my house Marquette Pasty's....yummmm I have the blessing to have them any time I want. It's awesome!!