Best pizza in the Northwoods ?

jd

Administrator
Staff member
PIZZA HUT! :)

Ok, just kidding, kinda. I do love their pan pizza though.

While I don't have a lot of experience with pizza outside of the Keweenaw, I do have some favorites up here. The Loading Zone is really good, a thicker and more doughy crust, but not pan or deep dish. Calumet Pizza Works (in Calumet, duh!) has some pretty good za too. I like their sauce the best and the crust is not too thin, but not too thick. Perfectly in between. For a thin crust (cracker crust really) I LOVE Gino's in Hancock! Probably the easiest to get to by sled up here, right off the trail near the Citgo in Hancock. Just look for the sign with a snowmobile stuck in it. Eagle Harbor Inn also has some really good pizza. Some very unique options there.

-John

miked

+1 for Log Cabin in Conover! We called and ordered a couple pizzas while on the way up to Lando last year...swung to the side of 45, but the flashers on, my buddy and my wife got out, went in, had a beer, grabbed the pizzas, and we were on our way!

arcticgeorge

Heart II (pronounced hart two's) ......in Arbor Vitae just east of hwy 51. Great pizza, especially the sausage. In the Hurley/Ironwood area, the Iron Nugget in Hurley is my favorite.