Best tunnel bag?

indy_500

Looks like a great option.
Yeah I think it’s unbeatable for under $50! Waterproof and crush proof. It’s darn big in size. Not easy on easy off like the linq accessories, but it’s not like somebody is going to try to unbolt the thing, just take your essentials out of it and inside with you at the end of the day. She loves it so far.

Hoosier

Yeah I think it’s unbeatable for under $50! Waterproof and crush proof. It’s darn big in size. Not easy on easy off like the linq accessories, but it’s not like somebody is going to try to unbolt the thing, just take your essentials out of it and inside with you at the end of the day. She loves it so far.

Yeah the bag I have (that is worn out now) doesn't come off and on all that easily so I don't take it off, and keep my clothes etc in a dry bag and take that out of it at the end of the day and leave everything else in it (tools, spare belt, oil, etc - all probably worth a lot more than the clothes I'm carrying). With your idea I could do the same thing but at least put a little lock on that might make someone snooping around look at the next sled instead. I haven't had trouble with theft on sleds but I know it happens. The option with the doo bag and the adapter would be a lot more $ for sure, in exchange for easy on/easy off.

indy_500

Yeah the bag I have (that is worn out now) doesn't come off and on all that easily so I don't take it off, and keep my clothes etc in a dry bag and take that out of it at the end of the day and leave everything else in it (tools, spare belt, oil, etc - all probably worth a lot more than the clothes I'm carrying). With your idea I could do the same thing but at least put a little lock on that might make someone snooping around look at the next sled instead. I haven't had trouble with theft on sleds but I know it happens. The option with the doo bag and the adapter would be a lot more $ for sure, in exchange for easy on/easy off.
The Apache case is designed to accept a lock!

SledTL

How large is the BCA bag? I like the 17L linq bag, but it seems a little small to try and take on a backpack trip. I also like the waterproof pockets. The BCA mountain bag will get me street cred with the standup/shovel crowd too.

rv245

Check out Sled Solutions. I have his Elevation bag . Paul is a serious rider and designs his bags for carrying all the necessities whether you are a trail or off trail rider. Never wet inside and zippers have worked flawlessly for 10 years. Go to his website and then go to his “E” series products (these are designed and built to his specs).
I also have one of his bags (compact elevation). I've had mine also for about 10 years and no problems with the zippers or getting wet inside. I was one of the first to get the brackets that he offers for the Linq system.

Hoosier

How large is the BCA bag? I like the 17L linq bag, but it seems a little small to try and take on a backpack trip. I also like the waterproof pockets. The BCA mountain bag will get me street cred with the standup/shovel crowd too.
Not sure exactly. It's shorter than many, which will help you when you're jumping from one running board to the other while standing up riding of course.

elf

They work great. I've had the Apache bags on sleds for 8 yrs now and have never had an issue or damp item in them. It would be nice to be able to remove it and maybe I'll take a look at adapting a Linq system to it this summer.

heckler56

I also have one of his bags (compact elevation). I've had mine also for about 10 years and no problems with the zippers or getting wet inside. I was one of the first to get the brackets that he offers for the Linq system.
I kept with the buckles as a form of thief deterrent. 😁

SledTL

Anyone know if the BCA mtn pro bag will fit on a renegade tunnel? Now that I am looking at it more, looks only like it will fit on a larger mtn sled....

600_RMK_144

Anyone know if the BCA mtn pro bag will fit on a renegade tunnel? Now that I am looking at it more, looks only like it will fit on a larger mtn sled....
Directly from BCAs site......

DIMENSIONS​

15.5" x 15.5" x 5.5" / 39 cm x 39 cm x 14 cm

Hoosier

Saw country cat has it on sale for $100. I think you have to buy the linq connectors if you are putting it on a doo but still a good deal.

SledTL

Directly from BCAs site......

DIMENSIONS​

15.5" x 15.5" x 5.5" / 39 cm x 39 cm x 14 cm
Yea it looks like it will not fit based on my measurements but still wanted to check with others. I think it fits better on 144 and 146 sleds on up because 15" runs into the battery cover and gas tank on the 137 tunnel.

wiscrev

Have you ever seen those plastic zipper bags that sheets/T-shirts etc are packaged in. I keep them as waterproof bags. Works well when packed in canvas bags.